Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 Call Recording....

Cisco Kbsl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I wants to records all inbound and outbound call to perticular IP Phone. Is it possible by monitoring the switch port of that phone ?

Please let me know if there are any thired party softwares which can perform this task.

Regards

Shashi

8 Replies 8

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Yes you can record the calls for a single handset by spanning the traffic onto another port.

Could you tell us the model switch you have and also the voip CODEC?

If this is a short term requirement Wireshark is very easy to use, have a look at this blog entry:-

http://everythingvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/sniffing-and-eavesdropping-using.html

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

It dependt how often you will need to record the calls

It's a pain to record a call working with wireshark or vomit but it work. If you want to run some recording at least one for week I recommend to try CALABRIO (Certified by Cisco).

Regards

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

Hellow

Thanks for the advise. I am using cisco 2960 (C2960-LANLITEK9-M) , Version 12.2(50)SE5.

once I have entered these commands to this switch, my pc port which is fa0/7 got stucked and I have lost network connection from my PC. In order to recover that I have delete these 2 commands by telnetting to switch from another PC.

#monitor session 1 source interface fa0/2 (Cisco IP Phone Port)

#monitor session 1 destination interface fa0/7 (My PC Port)

any suggestions ?

Regards

Shashi

Shashi,

When you configured your PC's port as a monitor port it would no longer accept traffic and you would loose connectivity. Monitor ports are used to replicate traffic from other ports. I would suggest if you really need to keep connectivity add a second NIC to your PC.

I would also ammend the command your using to monitor traffic in 'Both' directions.

monitor session 1 source interface fa0/2 both

You could SPAN the whole voice VLAN, it really depends on what your trying to achieve, if you can give us more background maybe we can help further.

Have a look at this document for a guide to SPAN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Craig

Thanks for your advise, I have tried using above method and I got sucess.

Regards

Shashi

Shashi,

That's great news, thanks for the update it's always nice to get an update.

Have a great day,

Craig

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

there is also another method called spanless. that phones are controlled to a 3rd party recording software through JTPAI user, the the phone replicate its stream to the server. in this method you don't need to configure span or monitor session, also you can record phones located over wan. for 3rd party recording we use zoom callrec. you can check this website www.zoomint.com

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

You you can monitor the switch port.  But how you do it should be based on what's most important to you.

In you need 100% recording, I don't recommend a SPAN port, since that may lose packets.

You could use a tap card (dualcomm makes a good one).  There's also a good option in a product called RecordingMagic (www.recordingmagic.com).  You can do the same thing that RecordingMagic does using a dual NIC card, bridging the ports and running wireshark.  But that's a nuisance.

And a company called Intelligent Recording in the UK also provides a 3rd party recording function. 

There are some other methods for duplicating packets on Cisco switch.  If you want to pursue those, I can put you in touch with our network admin.

For simplicity and ease of use, I'd look at RecordingMagic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: