Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 SIP Trunk status

ciscoguy88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to create a SIP trunk betweeen 2 CUCM in 2 country. The other version is higher than our side.

Network is already establish and we can ping and telnet the other side CUCM.

May I know how do I check SIP trunk status in CUCM version 8.6.2.20000-2? I have installed the RTMT we can see call attempted in the SIP traffic but when we check the status for the SIP trunk it show NA.

I not sure is it due to version too old and the service status of the SIP is not supported in this version so we cannot see it.

Now the issue is the call cannot get through when dial as we would hear the call as "Your call cannot be completed as dial"

Is this due to SIP not up?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

@ciscoguy88 wrote:

Now the issue is the call cannot get through when dial as we would hear the call as "Your call cannot be completed as dial"

That message could be due to a local dial plan issue, your local CUCM does not understand the number that's been dialled.  Or it could be a remote dial plan issue, your CUCM is happy with the number but the destination cluster isn't and is replying with a "Not found" error.  If you get that error promptly it's probably not a transport issue on the trunk, as the default timeouts are very very long, so there'd be a long delay while the calling CUCM is waiting for a response.

I suggest checking both ends with Dialed Number Analyser first.  At the calling end, check from a phone and make sure DNA shows the call being matched and routed to the trunk.  At the destination end use DNA to check the trunk and make sure an incoming number routes correctly.  

If that all looks good then double check IP addresses and ports on the trunk configuration at both ends.  CUCM won't handle a call that is offered from an IP address that doesn't match a trunk or gateway destination, however I can't remember whether that would give the same error message. It should really be signalling Service Unavailable or similar.

If still no further you could capture from the CUCM server and look at the SIP packets.  Or collect RTMT traces.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

In SIP profile, please enable the option PING and apply that SIP profile on SIP trunk. Do this on both the CUCM. Then you will be able to see the status of the SIP trunk. Either down or full service.

I don't think there will be any version compatibility issue as SIP is a standard protocol.

The message you are getting looks like a partition/css issue. Make sure that SIP trunk also configured with correct inbound css.

Please try and let us know.

Thanks.

Shakkir

Hi,

Would like to check if I enable this ping option in the SIP profile, can I see the service status in my CUCM version 8.6.2.20000-2?

I check cisco site, it seems only higher version will have that service status which when enabling the PING will help which currently my version does not seem to have.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Appreciate the reply.

Hi,

It seems correct. I don't have 8.6 version to check, but i can see OPTION PING from cucm 10.x documents onwards only.

Thanks

Shakkir.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can't recall if that version showed up the SIP trunk status, but even if it didn't, that doesn't matter for the problem you're facing as long as you're using the right IPs or FQDNs on both sides and the dial plan is properly configured on both sides.

Your call cannot be completed as dialed is most likely a problem in your dial plan, you'll have to check both sides to make sure there is proper routing for whatever you're dialing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

@ciscoguy88 wrote:

That message could be due to a local dial plan issue, your local CUCM does not understand the number that's been dialled.  Or it could be a remote dial plan issue, your CUCM is happy with the number but the destination cluster isn't and is replying with a "Not found" error.  If you get that error promptly it's probably not a transport issue on the trunk, as the default timeouts are very very long, so there'd be a long delay while the calling CUCM is waiting for a response.

I suggest checking both ends with Dialed Number Analyser first.  At the calling end, check from a phone and make sure DNA shows the call being matched and routed to the trunk.  At the destination end use DNA to check the trunk and make sure an incoming number routes correctly.  

If that all looks good then double check IP addresses and ports on the trunk configuration at both ends.  CUCM won't handle a call that is offered from an IP address that doesn't match a trunk or gateway destination, however I can't remember whether that would give the same error message. It should really be signalling Service Unavailable or similar.

If still no further you could capture from the CUCM server and look at the SIP packets.  Or collect RTMT traces.  

ciscoguy88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The trunk was a success. It seem something was adjusted at the other side and we are able to call each other now.

Appreciate all the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: