Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 block CID for some phones in a Hunt List

MILES GREEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a nice problem.  In my CUCMBE 6K deployment I have two front desk operators that receive and answer calls coming in to the main number of the business.  My client also wants to have 4 back office phones ring when these calls come in.  That way a back office person noticing that an incoming call has not been picked up after 2 or more rings can grab it.  Easy enough, Hunt pilot with a List and Line Group set to broadcast mode.  Works like a charm.

But, and here's the fun part, the client wants only the two Front Desk phones to see the incoming caller id. 

I tried to add another Hunt Pilot to the broadcast Line Group that would strip Caller ID and ring the back office phones but that's not supported.

I tried adding a CTI route point to the Line Group and that didn't work.

I tried adding a DN to the Line Group that had a CFA to another Hunt Pilot.

I tried assigning a separate DN to the back office phones for incoming calls and modifying the Forwarded Call Information Display on the Line but that had no effect.

I tried opening a case with TAC and was told in essence "it can't be done".

So, anyone have an idea?

There must be a clever solution for this.

Thanks very much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Miles,

How about Call Pickup with Audible notification

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, I don't see how you can archive this either :-(

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Miles,

How about Call Pickup with Audible notification

Cheers!

Rob

Say, that sounds like a fine idea.  I'm going to set it up and see how it works! 

I will repost with feedback when I've tried it out.

Thanks very much,

Miles

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Miles,

Just in case you can't add the Hunt/Pilot to the Pickup group (likely)

you'll need to set this

Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Works great!  Strangely I did not have to enter CSCsb42763 to allow the Hunt Pilot to be part of the pickup group.  The only issue I have is with the alerts to p/u group members.  The ring once audio alert indicates that there is a call available for pickup but because it doesn't persist it doesn't inform the user if the call has been answered or if it is still ringing.  For the visual alert, (which is not annoucing CID so it's cool by me) it persists on the screen whether the call is picked up or not.

Got any tricks that would allow me to give the group members better feedback on the status of a ringing call?  Does a speed dial/BLF for the pickup group accomplish this?

Thanks for the pearls ;-)

Miles

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Miles,

That's as good as it's going to get with the Pickup config

Here's one other (clunky but doable) way. On the Hunt Pilot page (let's say 8777)

set the forward no answer to a new CTI-RP (let's say 8567)

on the DN config for 8567 set a Call Forward All to the new

shared line you configured for the back office folks (let's say 6007)

On 6007 remove all the Forwarded Call info and calls that route via 8777 (Hunt Pilot)

through 8567 (CTI-RP) and into shared line 6007  via the Call Forward All will just show "Forwarded"

Will that work?

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

"+5" for thinking outside the box and going extra mile as usual with providing good solutions.

Chris

Thanks Chris

It's awesome to get such a nice nod from someone you really admire!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I like your outside of the box solution but after discussing with my client we have decided to do the following.  Since the front desk operators are trained to be very responsive we are going to have the hunt list hit their 2 dn line group first.  If they don't pickup in 3 seconds the list will go to the next line group that will include the front desks and the back office phones.  Caller ID will be displayed but the majority of calls will be snagged immediately and never make it to the back office.

It is important that the front desk operators have first dibs and the ability to grab any call so forwarding away from them is not cool.

Thank you so much for suggesting the pick up group solution, with better call state feedback to the group this would have been a no brainer.

I have gleaned much instruction from this forum in the past but this my first time in a dialog.  Thanks hugely!

Miles

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Miles,

You are most welcome my friend Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: