Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 NTP Error

fasi25300
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have one problem comming in my CUCM installation. the error is NTP is not accessible. I have tried many times and try to follow the solution from diferent forums but the issue is still the same could you please guide me on this issue it will be more helpful for me.

My installation equipments and operating systems.

I am using ESXi Server 5.0

made a CUCM server machine

I am using CUCM 8.6

my Vsphere is install on Win 7 64 where I can use vsphere client service .

please guide me through your expereince .

Many thanx in Advance

Faisal

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That really is something you need tro troubleshoot on your own network, either your NTP is really not accesible (routing, ACLs, FWs, etc) or your NTP is misconfigured. What are you using as the NTP??

I got mine in the lab on a 2851 and just followed a link I found on CCO about how to configure an NTP and works like a charm.

FYI, if this is for a production environment ESXi 5 is NOT YET supported. You need to use either 4.0 or 4.1 to be supported by Cisco.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalenc

Thanks for your reply. well I am telling you from the scratch. I am installing this first time so may be .

1- I have my desktop Dual core when my ESXi 5.0 installed (60 days trail version)

2- I am connected through cisco 2950 switch

3 - vsphere client i am using on my laptop and on my laptop i am using  windows 7 64

you said that you are using cucm on 2851 router.  I got 2811 router but I dun know about the setup procedure on router if you guide me on that side that will be more help ful

Many thanks in advance

Faisal

Assuming your Cisco router isn't taking time from another NTP server, you may use the command below to set the router up as a NTP server:

ntp master 5

This sets the stratum to 5.  Make sure it's less than 10 because CUCM was on stratum 10.

Michael

Hi Michael

Thanx for your reply I think you didnt read my older post I menssion that I havn't use any router for this installation purpose yes I am connected to my wirless router I dunknow about the company name do I need to configre a time on wireless router as well . or is that nccessary to use 2811 router for this cucm installation ? please guide me thanx

faisal

You may use a Windows machine as NTP server.  Take a look at

http://htluo.blogspot.com/2009/02/ntp-network-time-protocol.html

Thanks!

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: