Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 Redundancy Steps and Guideline

Hi,

We have configured two CUCM version 8.6.2.20000-1 such as Publisher and Subscriber in the same network subnet (10.1.30.10 and 10.1.30.11) and we are facing some problems on this,

• •1.     IP Phone 9971 is not register with backup CUCM when primary goes down.
  • •2.     We configured one CM group and one device pool, But the device pool applied on the phone is not work as distributed call processing. All devices register to Publisher.
  • •3.     I do read some of the discussion and they advice to change the server name from FQDN to ip address. Is there any issue with the database as i'm scared the database corrupt.

Please find the attached CM group, device pool

CM Server.JPGCM DP.JPG
CM Group.JPG

Thank You

Regards

Afadzal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you do not change the servers to IP address in the System/Servers page, then the hostnames go into the xml configuration files that the phones download from CUCM.

They need to be able to resolve those hostnames (i.e. have DNS servers configurated and the hostnames added correctly).

If you change them to IP this is simplified as the xml config file contains the IP address and the failover will probably then work.

At the moment what I suspect is happening is that the phones cannot resolve either server (publisher or subscriber) and are therefore attempting registration to the TFTP server by default, which is the publisher.

Note that the phones do not 'load balance' in the Callmanager Group, they all register to whichever is first in the list. If you want load balancing then you create multiple CallManager Groups and assign them to multiple Device Pools.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you do not change the servers to IP address in the System/Servers page, then the hostnames go into the xml configuration files that the phones download from CUCM.

They need to be able to resolve those hostnames (i.e. have DNS servers configurated and the hostnames added correctly).

If you change them to IP this is simplified as the xml config file contains the IP address and the failover will probably then work.

At the moment what I suspect is happening is that the phones cannot resolve either server (publisher or subscriber) and are therefore attempting registration to the TFTP server by default, which is the publisher.

Note that the phones do not 'load balance' in the Callmanager Group, they all register to whichever is first in the list. If you want load balancing then you create multiple CallManager Groups and assign them to multiple Device Pools.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your advice.

Before i change the hostname to IP, i open a TAC and he observe me if something goes wrong to the server or database. Fortunately nothing was happen and it succesfull.

Many Thanks

Happy to help :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: