Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - 9.1.1 Disaster Recovery System

Hi All,

I am pretty new with Cisco Call Manager 9.1.1(CUCM) and Cisco Unity which is currently running through VM. 

As I am not the one who set it up, I can access CUCM and Cisco Unity but I cannot access the Disaster Recovery System to take backup configuration and also I cannot access Cisco Unified OS Administration. I do not know the username and password to access Disaster Recovery System. If you guys know how can I bypass or recover the username and password please let me know. 

Thank you all in advance and God Bless.

Erwin 

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Read here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/cucm-passwords-and-password-recovery/ta-p/3162863

Also notice that CUCM 9.x is EOL/EOS, you might want to plan for an upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you Sir for your response. Yes, I verified that our CUCM 9.x is EOL/EOS. I might need to get/purchase a New CUCM Device and replace the old one? Is that what you mean? 

I mean that if you need support from Cisco, ie TAC for any problem you might face, you will be denied support as your version is now considered obsolete.

As to why you can login to some pages as not to some others, there are two built-in users when you install the product, the CCMAdmin user is stored in CUCM's DB, the OS admin user is created directly in the OS (RHEL or CentOS)

HTH

java

Jaime,

Sir, would that be possible if I upgrade the version of our Cisco Call Manager to a updated Version and get a Cisco Service Contract to get a support from Cisco?

Yes, if you pay for your support contract (assuming you're not already on one) and once you upgrade to a version which is not EOS/EOL, you then can call TAC for support.

HTH

java

HI There 

I Would like to upgrade my CUCM system from 9.1 to 12.0.

I am planning following way to upgrade:

Take the disaster recovery backup.

Build new VM with 12.0 OVF.

Please let me know if you think this is a workable solution.

Thanks 

Andy

No, because DRS has to be restored in the exact same release from which it was taken from. That is explained in the DRS documentation, did you review it? 

HTH

java

The CUCM Administration, Serviceability, and Reporting pages are all associated with the CUCM application itself. To access these interfaces, an account must exist (and have the appropriate privileges) in CUCM itself either as an application user or an end-user.

To access the CLI, the OS Administration page, or the Disaster Recovery page, you need to have operating system level permissions. These are created and maintained on the CLI itself, and permissions granted via the CLI. If you do not have the master operating system username/password you must get it. In order to do something even as simple as rebooting CUCM you must have OS-level privileges.

If you can't obtain the username/password, the link Jaime provided has the instructions for password recovery.

Maren

Hi Maren,

Thank you for your response. I can access the Cisco Unified CM Administration and Cisco Unity as this is same with my username and password in our AD. But, when I got to Navigation>Disaster Recovery System. My username and password won't work and no one here in the company knows how to access it. 

I am going to follow Jaime  URL. But not why in CLI, I cannot access our Call Manager. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: