Laith Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Cisco deleted all files and release notes related to 9.x CUCM,

I am in disparate need to have the below file:

cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.16147-1.cop.sgn

I need it to add the support of 78XX ip phones to CUCM 9.1.2-10000,

Can anyone please provide me a link to download this file?

Thanks,
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Per this thread you’ll need to be on 9.1.2 to support the model of phone you ask for.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/device-package-for-cucm-9-1-1-20000-5-to-support-78xx-ip-phone/td-p/3078976

Possibly you’ll have more luck with getting this file from TAC than the device package.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

You can get the 9.1.2SU6 ISO file from this link.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284603371/type/282074295/release/9.1(2)SU6

Even if the page says Unity Connection it’s actually the same file as for CM. These two products was in essence the same installation, apart from a selection during initial setup, up to version 12.x if I’m not remembering this totally wrong.

You can also disregard the text on the linked page about not for use for upgrade from 9.x. This is inaccurate. You should be able to use this file just fine to upgrade your customers system to the latest release in the 9 train and with this gain support for the phone model you ask about.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Reach out to TAC, they should be able to provide you access to the file.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg  mentioned reach out to TAC, they might have access to the files.

Response Signature

Laith Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Does Anyone know if this image supports the 78XX series phones?

Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.11900-12.sgn.iso

Thanks,

No idea and since you already have the base version of 9.1 installed this file wouldn’t be of much help for you as it’s for new installation of 9.1 with SU1 included.

If I where to venture into a guess I would say no it doesn’t include support for that model of phone. I would recommend you to go for the very latest SU version for 9.1, whichever that was or go with your original plan to install a device package to add the model of phone to your system.

Response Signature

The problem is, I don't have access to the latest 9.1 ISO or the device pack files,

I am stuck in this case,

There is no option for an upgrade in this case here, I need to make it work with version 9

I tried reaching the TAC but I didn't get much help.

TAC should be able to give you access to file(s) for depreciated version. If they don’t I would recommend you to reach out to your account team at Cisco to ask for their help putting some pressure on this.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Can you arrange anything from your side to help me in this case?

I tried reaching the TAC team for Collaboration, they don't have these files,

I really appreciate it if you can support me on this.

7821 is not avaible with the version you mentioned. You need device package.  Go through the  session "Firmware Versions in this Release"

https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/108330/cucm-readme-912su1.pdf

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

I just need support for 7841,

Will that work?

Thanks,

78XX firmwares are not included  in  the version you mentioned, you need to install  device pack. Required Device pack cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.16147-1.cop.sgn

For the device Pack, reach out to TAC. 

Response Signature

I already reached out to them, they don't have it,

Can you help from your side?

I really need your help.

I have iso image for 9.1.2.10000. but not the device package. You may need to search google.

Response Signature

I already did,

There is no source for it whatsoever

And the ISO image I have it as well

So you have no other option. You have  to move to latest version. 

To Avoid such issues its always  recommend to move to latest version. 

Response Signature