Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 upgrade to CUCM 10 on BE6K platform

igarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are facing the process to update CUCM and I&M on a BE6K platform from 9.1 version to the latest one. I understand that this type of upgrade is standard.

If I am not getting wrong we would need a COP upgrading file for CUCM and another one for I&M. We´ve been browsing looking for these files but we didn't get them. Could someone put us on the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

11 Replies 11

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need any COP file for 9.x upgrade. Its needed only for 8.5.x & older as documented here Upgrade Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1) - Upgrade planning [Cisco Unified Communications…

Cheers !!

GP.

So, what would we need then in order to perform the update? we've browsed looking for iso file as well with no results.

Following note is found on the CCO Download page

All upgrades to UCM 10.0(1) require new licensing which must be entitled by an

order placed through the Product Upgrade Tool or the usual ordering process.

Orders may be fulfilled electronically or physically, whichever is preferred.

GP.

Gamil Radman
Level 4
Level 4

As said and as per Cisco CUCM 10.0.1 upgrade guide you don't need the cop file.  I'm working at this moment on the same task. I will update you as soon as we get the result.

Regards]

gamilradman@gmail.com

shanee420
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Garcia,

As Gajanan mentioned, upgrade from 9.1 to 10.x is a major release upgrade, so you need to order user migration licenses for this upgrade (unless you have UCSS, which covers you for major release upgrades and you can use Product upgrade tool to order media/licenses).

Then you just follow the process of a major release upgrade (order/download 10.x media, install upgrade on inactive partition, switch partitions, install licenses etc. )

For details, find the relevant CUCM install and upgrade guide and go through it.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Zeeshan

Hi,

So, I will do the same upgrade (CUCM,CUC and IM&P 9.1 BE6K to version 10.1) and I would like more datail information about each steps to use Product Upgrade Tools. I would know if is necessary upgrade the ova template in vmware as well (memory vRAM, disk vDisk and vCPU)?

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel,

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Partner Community for additional information and feedback.

Unified Communications

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Hi Daniel,

You don't need to upgrade the OVA templates. Just order the media/licenses through Product Upgrade Tool (http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/order.do) if you have a valid UCSS/SWSS cover, otherwise you have get in touch with your support partner and order the migration licenses to version 10.x.

Once you have got the media and licenses sorted, then you will have to install the upgrade/version 10.x software on inactive partitions on relevant application servers/VMs and reboot to switch over the partitions. Note that your phones will go into firmware update cycle when you cutover to new CUCM version. If you like you can do the phone firmware upgrade before the actual upgrade by loading the new device pack.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan,

I have confirmed that has UCSS valid. I will do the steps that you say.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi Zeeshan,

In contact with Cisco TAC, the engineer told me that need install in CUCM 9.x a RU <ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5cop.sgn> to config the system from <Linux enterprise Red Hat 5 32-bit> to <Linux enterprise Red Hat 6 64-bit>. After that upgrade I would apply the patch upgrade 10.5 for the CUCM.

Best regards,

Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho

Great Daniel!

I am pleased to find out that you are progressing with your upgrade.

Regards,

Zeeshan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: