Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - 'Account is Locked'

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

So I have a CUCM v11 test box and I the web admin account has become locked, the message I get is 'Account is locked'.

Now, I know the password so I don't need to reset it, I need to unlock it.

I googled it and tried both the CLI based password reset and also the full password recovery via the CD/DVD, neither of which unlocked the account.

Do I need to do a rebuild? I would rather not but will if I have to...

Again I will reiterate, I know the password, I don't need a password reset and despite trying both methods, the account is still locked.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Laurie,

you need to reset ui  administrator password by issuing 

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password "new password"

Are you logging in with the account created during installation or an end user account with elevated privileges?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hi Laurie,

you need to reset ui  administrator password by issuing 

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password "new password"

Are you logging in with the account created during installation or an end user account with elevated privileges?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Yep that works, although I could have sworn I had already done that!

Thanks for your help. 

Hi Laurie.

I have been facing the same issue. I just tried the command you sent, but unsuccessfull, by trying it showed me the error below:

Expected 0 mandatory and up to 0 non-mandatory parameter(s)
but 1 parameter(s) were found

Executed command unsuccessfully
Error executing command

Ps.: I am logging in with the account created during installation.

Can you help me with that?

Jaqueline,

Can you please share the screensnap to undestand better? i think command was wrong entered or half.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Sure, attached it is, Ritesh.

Thanks

Jaqueline,

Try assigning strong password using capital, small, special and numeric password. The word should not be dictionary word.

Can you restart the CUCM? If yes, trying restarting after assigning.

Am guessing here. I dint found this issue. executing reset password solved my problem.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Just tried, Ritesh. It doesn't work. Please, see attached.

I also tried others as you recommended using capital, small and numeric password, unsucessfull.

The most strange is that the account keep been locked.

Jaqueline,

Can you restart CUCM and then try again?

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

No, unfortunately I can't, it's a big cluster with many users. 

Jaqueline,

Suggest you to raise TAC case with Cisco. They would have deeper knowledge and solution to your problem. Please do post the solution on your issue so it help others.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

For the sake of anyone who comes across this post and wants to know what the resolution was for the above thread, the problem was that you do not enter the password at the end of the command.  Just enter the command and then the CLI will prompt you to enter the new password twice (2nd time is for verification).

In other words enter:

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

New password: "whatever"

Confirm new password: "whatever"

I know this is an old thread but if anyone is not looking to update the password to a new one but would rather unlock the account, I found an workaround. 

The below command will require you to enter a new password for the UI admin account. If you want to keep the same password you'll need to run this command twice because it will not allow you to use your previous password. First time you run it, enter a new password. The next time you run it, you can reuse your desired password (essentially unlocking the account). 

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

This reply is very useful, and I found that you must keep in mind the last password.
It's important and it could be typing error when you modify the password.
This command can set new password directly.
If you must use the same password, you must modify one and modify the same one, again.
System also prompt the result you modified.
After all, It's more danger that forget the password for cli, and good thing that I don't forget the cli password.
I just typing error for three time and the account locked, like the original post.

I want to contact Cisso System Administrator because There is problem in my account while I try to log in .

I can’t speak English well , I wants Japanese Administer contact number .

Thank you .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: