Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Admin Page & User Page Display Languages

Hello,

I notified over years that Cisco CUCM Web Page Display may be in different language, depending, I guess, on your system (PC) parameters. But I can't seem to find how it really works.

I have a PC configured in French Canadian. Both OS Win7 and IE11 are configured that way.

But, when I log in to a CUCM v8.6, the admin page display is fully english.

When I log in to a CUCM v9.1.2, most of the parameters are english, but some drop down lists are in french. But, the User Web Page was in french.

On CUCM v10.5.2, the Admin page is the same as 9.1.2, but the new Self Care Portal is totally in english.

PC parameters never changed. Even better, I've got 2 PCs with same language parameters. When I log in to the same CUCM, logged with the same VPN on the same server, one displays in french, the other in english.

I really do not understand how it works, and why Cisco did not simply set a "language" feature.

We have a problem with a customer, where PC parameters did not change, but after upgrading to v10.5.2, their new user web page (self care portal) is now in english, when it was displaying in french on the user web page of v9.1.2.

Any idea ?

Thank you !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's actually based on the browser language, not the PC language.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's actually based on the browser language, not the PC language.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime, we did figure that out. We still had an issue tho, and here's why:

Browsers were configured in French Canadian. CUCM had 3 packs: French Canadian, French France and English United States. Since we never used French Canadian for any language config in the CUCM, we decided to not upgrade that package for CUCM version update from 9.1.2 to 10.5.2.

So, what happened is that Selfcare Portal (10.5.2) was looking for an updated French Canadian package since browsers were configuring that way, and couldn't find it, so displayed the default language: English.

We updated the language pack and it works fine.

Regards,