Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUC version 9 fresh installation

Hi

I have some questions about version 9 , if you can help with that

1) When we go in ELM to Inventory/Product instances then we have to add there ONLY the CUCM  Pub and CUC Pub?

Or we have ot add also and the subscribers for cucm and cuc.As far as i know ONLY the PUB must add in ELM

2) What about with a new installation.We didnt recieve a PAK number .is that correct?we need a PAK number for freash installation?(not migration / upgrade)

Do you have any useful links?

Regards

chrysostomos

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chrys, I just did this yesterday. Yes you only add the Publisher for each cluster. Infact if you try to add the subscriber, you get an error that it is not a publisher. So add the Pub for CUCM and Unity connection.

As for the PAK, I am not an expert on CUCM9.X but in other release you should get a PAK when you place your order. Your order comes with a media and a PAK that contains the licenses you have purchased.

You may need to go back to your cisco partner and ask why your PAK is missing

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Mate

I hope that you are well

Before yes it was a PAK number coming with the media kit (previous version)

But with version 9 the ordered came to the client with only the media kit , without any PAK number..

I have proceed before with the migration/upgrade from 8 to 9 and YES there you dont get any software license for version 9 like previous versions

Just you go with the ELM and migrate/upgrade the current/previous Dlus.No new PAK require for that

But what about with a new installation .I think that we need a PAK here

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Chrys,

I have researched this and it look slike you dont need a PAK..

In order to license the new version, you will require ELM.

The ELM (Enterprise License Manager) will be installed together with the CUCM 9 software.

Please see here for the user guide of this software:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_E596FD72_00_

enterprise-license-manager-user-90.pdf

The overall process is as follows:

1. Make sure your licensed features are applied on the current servers 2. You upgrade (remember, the upgrade installs automatically ELM) 3. At this point, your new software will run for a grace period of 60 days, with no license installed 4. You run the ELM (see user guide above) 5. You generate the license request on the ELM (see sections starting on page 26 of 50 in the referred document) 6. Then you take the resulting file and you run it through the online tool (Cisco License Registration site) to generate a new license:

a. Visit cisco.com/go/license

b. Click on the "Get New" tab

c. Select "Migration License"

d. Click on "Cisco Unified Communications 9.0"

This document anwers all your questions I believe..

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-32342.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Aok

its confusing the whole proccess

Since it seems that if is a new installation then you need a PAK number.

If its not new then you can easily migrate the existing license

I will try to find the proccess and i will return back for update

Chrys,

I dont think this is confusing. If you are doing a fresh installation without any previous licenses, then you obviously need to get a PAK. This procedure is for upgrades, which assume that you have existing licenses. You dont need a new PAK for that. The documentation helps you to migrate your exisitng licenses to ELM.

This exaclty what i am saying

Its a fresh installation here and not a migration

But the starnge is why the client didnt take the PAK number as usual with a previous versions

This is what i will find out and i will return to make the thinks more clear

Thnak you for the help

Ah I got you know. This may be a classical example of a botched job! someone somewhere forgot to order licenses!

kevinmpotts
Level 1
Level 1

The key to an upgrade to 9.x (9.1.1 for sure) is to have you 8.x licensed and then upgrade to 9.1.1 Elm will read the licenses and let you assign the DLU's to you type of licenses. Then it will write a file that you submit for a migration ( it's now per user rather than system) license. They email you a zip file with lic.bin that you install. The only thing you install fresh is Presence/IM. If you have previous licenses you need to convert them that way.

Kevin..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Oh Yeah and check PAK file for version. Mine were for 8.6.2 and I had to install that, then upgrade and use ELM to migrate the licenses.

Kevin.....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: