Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and Jabber guest configuration

chenlin1990
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody ,

I would like to ask the cucm and jabber guest how configuration, I can't find the document to cisco.

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_0/icg/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Very thank you can respond to me, I want to know if there is directly with the CUCM configuration document, do not need to Expressway

Hi,

As per the link that i shared "In a production environment, Cisco Jabber Guest requires that your Cisco Unified Communications Manager be configured to work with Cisco Expressway.

Cisco Jabber Guest can be pointed directly to Cisco Unified Communications Manager for lab deployments only. You must configure a SIP trunk on Cisco Unified Communications Manager for this deployment. This option is best suited to a lab deployment in which the goal is to familiarize yourself with Cisco Jabber Guest without the additional overhead of configuring Expressway. However, without configuring Expressway, Cisco Jabber Guest is not supported in a production environment."

HTH

Manish

Hi,

I still don't quite understand, if I don't need Expressway, whether I only need to configure the SIP Trunk

Hi chenlin,

Did you perform your lab with cucm and jabber guest server directly, without a Expressway servers??

I have some doubts about this deployment. Do you know if is necessary a reverse on internal DNS ?? I'm trying to ask the jabber guest name server url directly but isn't working: https://jabberguest.mydomain.local/call/1001. The Jabber page isn't displayed.

Thank you.

Hi Manish,
if i deployed Jabber Guest with CUCM integration only without Expressway for a POC, all is working fine except the IOS devices version 11, every device else is working good, is this deployment supported from Cisco TAC to open a case with them to help?

the issue with IOS devices is related to certificate , for the iOS, it require public certificate on the expressway in order to trust it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: