Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and Jabber password

NetMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've set a user up for Jabber availability within CUCM but I am unable to login to test on phone/laptop.

My question is when a user is a active LDAP sync user which password has precedence for Jabber login? The users AD password or the PIN set within CUCM?

Thanks.

=)

4 Replies 4

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

for login you would use AD password.

See below for details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdH50_zp4wc

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

You must use your Active Directory password.

But do not forget to configure the LDAP Authentication under the "System -> LDAP", otherwise it won't work.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're confusing things here, and it depends on your configuration, and the feature.

The PIN ONLY exists in the CUCM DB, if you need to use something like EM, then you need to use the PIN. The PIN is NOT USED for Jabber.

If you have LDAP sync AND LDAP authentication, then you depend on the LDAP server to authenticate your password. BUT, the PIN still depends on CUCM.

If you have a local user, then you depend on CUCM for PIN and password.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

One main piece of information is missing that if you have a local user, then jabber password can be reset on End User page in password field (enter a new password for jabber for a local user).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: