cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and Unity 9.x - DRF problems with non-stop repeating scheduled disaster recovery jobs backup after upgrade

citybett1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have scheduled jobs to backup my CUCM and Unity Connection 9.x installs to an SFTP server on a daily basis.  This worked perfectly with the original 9.0.x version.   After upgrading to the latest 9.1.x version of both CUCM and Unity Connection, the jobs will work fine for a few days, and then they will begin repeating themselves right after finishing the job, and eventually get to the point that the job just runs over and over again in a loop until I stop and restart the DRF services.   

Example.  Backup job scheduled at 1am every day.  For a few days after restarting the DRF services it runs correctly.  After a few days, the job might run 3 times in a row (1am, then around 1:20 after finishing the previous backup, then 1:40 etc...).   After a few more days, the job just gets stuck repeating itself over and over again (running at 1:00am, 1:20am, 1:40am, 2:00am, etc.... for days and days if it doesn't get noticed).    Then if I restart the DRF Master and Local services it goes back to working correctly for a few days and the problem repeats.    

There is no specific # of days between when this happens.  Sometimes it can be as few as 7-8 days before the job just starts running over and over and over again, sometimes it can be as long as 20-30 days before it happens.  I've deleted the jobs and recreated them, tried rebooting the SFTP and voice servers, etc... to no avail.  Has anyone seen anything like this and resolved the problem?  

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sam V. Xavier
Level 1
Level 1

This seems to be a defect, we ran into "CSCvb03393 - Cisco Unified Communications Manager creating multiple backups inappropriately" but for version 11. The only way to recover is to restart DRF Master service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sam V. Xavier
Level 1
Level 1

This seems to be a defect, we ran into "CSCvb03393 - Cisco Unified Communications Manager creating multiple backups inappropriately" but for version 11. The only way to recover is to restart DRF Master service.

Thanks a bunch for the reply, I appreciate it.  That's definitely what is happening here, and I am running version 9.1.x that is affected by this.  Seems to be no fix for version 9.x at all, which is annoying, especially since the affected version 9.1(2.10000.28) listed in the CSCvb03393 note is not the newest version.  I'm running a newer version than that.

9.X is end of software maintenance so you would need to upgrade to 11.x or later, specifically a version in which the bug is fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: