Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and Unity Connection 8.5 Visual Voice Mail dialing 5555

MARC MONTANARI
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up VIsual Voice Mail with CUCM 8.5 and Unity Connection 8.5

When I ask for Visual Voice MAil on my phone, the Application is launched normally and the list of my VoiceMails appears on the Phone Screen.

But when trying to listen to the first mail, the phone dials 5555 and I get a vocal message that this number cannot be completed as dialed.

My Visual Voice Mail Pilot is 19188000 and when calling it I get a silence of 5 seconds then the call hangs up exactly as written in the documentation.

I found on the Internet someone having the same problem with Unity Connection 7.x and he replaced the name of his Direct Routing Rule to :

"Route to Reverse TRaP" and unsubscribe/subscribe the service on the phone and it worked.

I did the same but for me it didn't work.

I have a cluster of 2 Unity Connections.  Do I have to configure on the CUCM a Voice Mail Hunt Pilot for each of them ?

If someone ever runs Visual Voice MAil, please, I wait for ideas.

MARC

1 Reply 1

drufalo
Level 1
Level 1

Please review your config for the Visual Voicemail pilot number, it must be different than the TUI pilot number. You should not have to configure a pilot for both servers in the cluster. You might want to delete the routing rule and start again, if for some reason the name is not right it will default to 5555. The message you are hearing is from CUCM as it cannot complete the call.

Thanks,

Doug Rufalo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: