cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Auto-Registration Issue

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

Question. we are Running the CUCMBE 8.6 and the original setup from a vendor they put the starting directory number at 1000 and ending directory number at 1200. These would auto-register as a phone was plugged in. Below is from the 'Cisco Unified CM Configuration' screen

Required Field
Required Field

My problem is if I change the 1200 to say 1300 and hit save, nothing happens. I plug in new phones it appears to get an ip address but it just keeps spinning and nothing happens. So It appears it still will not auto-register anymore phones. We have the licenses so I am wondering what the issue is. Do i need to stop and restart a service?

Also On that page I have the option for apply config. I hit just save which I assume does the same thing. Do I need to hit apply config instead? This is a live system so obviously I want to read lightly and not take it down.

17 Replies 17

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK,  and do you have DHCP configured with option 150 pointing to the server where you have auto-reg enabled??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yessir. Everything works great. We just hit the auto 1200 limit and after that nothing else can go in. Phones worked fine registerrng until that 1200 limit. and i changed it to 1300 and hit save but they dont auto add.

Hi Todd,

Can you check and share the status from the phone settings?

Is it DHCP timeout or some TFTP error?

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

Did you disable the Auto Registration service when trying

to set the new DN range?

You can use the following procedure to reset the range of  autoregistration directory numbers and force Cisco Unified  Communications Manager to search from the starting number in the range.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Step 2 Choose the Cisco Unified Communications Manager where you want to reset autoregistration.

Step 3 Write down the current settings for Starting Directory Number and Ending Directory Number.

Step 4 Click Auto-registration Disabled on this Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Caution New phones cannot autoregister while autoregistration is disabled. 

Step 5 Click Save.

Step 6 Set the Starting Directory Number and Ending Directory Number to their previous values (or to new values, if desired).

Step 7 Click Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/b02autor.html#wpxref26089

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Rob will this break extension mobility on exisiting phones and their current auto assigns? Like I said this is on a live system so I dont want to break it trying to add more phones into the system.

Hi Todd,

No, this would only affect any "new" phones trying to

go through the Auto-Registration process

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

So I followed your instructions above and it gets the ip but doesnt auto register. Anything else I should check for?

Hi Todd,

Sorry for the stupid question, but did you restart the Auto - Registration service?

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

How do i do that? I just did the checkbox like the instructions said. I clicked the disable auto registration. Hit save. Then unchecked the box and changed the start and stop numbers and hit save. Do i need to stop and start a service from the cli?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

That should be good to go Did you check all the other settings in Auto-reg

when you were finished? Did you end up using 1300-1399 as the start/end numbers?

Did you verify they weren't in use in the Route Plan anywhere?

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

No i used 1000 as the starting and 1300 as the ending. I didnt want to break the exisitng phones so I just added an additional 100 on the end. Originallt it was 1000-1200 so i made it 1000-1300

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

Well...I'm at a loss here. Is there any way you can look through

the database and see if you can find a number on a phone in the 1000

to 1200 range that is not registered or maybe not in use right now and

change the number for a little bit. So let's say 1145 is on a phone at

a spare desk, change the DN to something out of range and save so that

1145 is freed up.Then we can see if your new phone registers with 1145.

This may prove whether or not it is the Auto Registration DN range

problem here or something else altogether.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

So we use extension mobility so after the auto dn we have our users login and they get the DN in our actual DID range.

So are you saying going to route plan report to a phone not being used lets say 1150 and changing 1150 to 1350 saving making sure the phone displays 1350. Then plugging in a new phone and see if it gets the 1150 DN?

Hi Todd,

Exactly

Just free up any one of the previously used Auto assigned DN's like 1150

to see if it is then used by the new phone to auto register.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: