cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Bulk Admin>Update Phone task, not working

Iqbal51575
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM Bulk Admin>Update Phone task, not working.

I use to update Endpoint firmware/software.

I was using it last week (last used on 5th April to run a job on 7th April) successfully.

When I set the target endpoints in Find then click Next to fill up Device Load information, ticked Apply Config.

Then click on Submit. No response or nothing happens during Submit. But Back button works.

Checked the Job Scheduler, there is nothing created.

Checked Servicibility, seems all active services are running.

What else should I check?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Iqbal51575
Level 1
Level 1

Tried to restarting the Bulk Provisioning Service, didn't fix it.

Seems number of jobs in Job Scheduler were 200+. So archived few of the oldest jobs then started to work. I can now create new task/job and schedule it successfully.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Try with restarting the Bulk service on the publisher and then create the task again.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, restart the BPS.

Procedure

Step 1   In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Serviceability, choose Tools > Control Center - Feature Services.

The Control Center–Feature Services window displays.

Step 2   Choose the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server from the Servers drop-down list box.

Cisco Bulk Provisioning Service displays in list under Service Name column, in the Database and Admin Services area.

Note   

If BPS is already activated, the Activation Status will display as Activated.

Step 3   Check the check box corresponding to BPS and do one of the following:
  1. To restart BPS, click Restart. The service restarts, and the message, Service Successfully Restarted, displays.
  2. To stop BPS, click Stop. The service stops, and the message, Service Successfully Stopped, displays.
  3. To start the stopped BPS, click Start. The service starts, and the message, Service Successfully Started, displays.

Response Signature

Iqbal51575
Level 1
Level 1

Tried to restarting the Bulk Provisioning Service, didn't fix it.

Seems number of jobs in Job Scheduler were 200+. So archived few of the oldest jobs then started to work. I can now create new task/job and schedule it successfully.