cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm , ccx , unity changes after ntp change?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

im setting up new cucm 12.5 , cuc 12.5 and ccx 12 with no licenses atm , i had to change the ntp server on all of them but i kinda read there have to be some certificate regen needed somewhere? or is there any other steps needed after ntp change?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Certificate regeneration would be expected if changing the hostname or DNS domain of the Cisco Collab server itself. That should not be necessary when changing the NTP time sources. Mind sharing the document link that implies otherwise?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Certificate regeneration would be expected if changing the hostname or DNS domain of the Cisco Collab server itself. That should not be necessary when changing the NTP time sources. Mind sharing the document link that implies otherwise?

Tirtha Tripathy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Background Information

CUCM requires that NTP be configured in order to ensure:

• Time on the CUCM nodes are synchronized.
  • Time is correct prior to any time-sensitive configuration change such as certificate regeneration.
  • Database replication is synchronized on all nodes in the cluster.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118718-technote-cucm-00.html

Regards,

Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha

That document is stating that time must be synchronized to an NTP server and stable/sane *prior* to regenerating a certificate. It does *not* state that you would need to regenerate a certificate after changing NTP servers.

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

I had recently changed NTP on CUCM and CUC and no other changes were required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: