Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM cluster shutdown and restart

TIS Network
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We have a cluster consisting of 5 CUCM servers (1 pub and 4 subs) and 2 Unity Connection servers (1pub and 1sub) that we want to upgrade to version 11.5 from current version 11.0.  What would be the correct procedure to gracefully shutdown these servers to add serial connection redirection for troubleshooting if something were to go wrong during upgrade process?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would recommend you to just simply do it on one server at a time, aka shut it down from CLI, do the changes to VM settings you want and then power it back on.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A quick google search for: "Cisco cucm shutdown procedure" will provide all the info you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TIS Network
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jaime,

I found this when Googling - https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/procedure-to-gracefully-shutdown-and-power-up-cucm-cluster/td-p/3871034

What is uncleared to me is UCCX.  I don't think I have it so for our situation:

1.  Shutdown CUCM sub servers and Unity sub server.

2. Shutdown CUCM pub server and Unity pub server.

Powering up is the reverse.  Can you please confirm I have it correct?

AFAIK you need to shut down and bring it back based on the CTI id on sequence. you can find the CTI ID on Cisco Unified CMs. make sure the DB replication shows 2 once they are back. 

Response Signature

I would recommend you to just simply do it on one server at a time, aka shut it down from CLI, do the changes to VM settings you want and then power it back on.

Response Signature

Thank you everyone for replying.  I'll go with Roger's recommendation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: