Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM,CUC and IM&P IP address change

Team,

One of our customer wants to change the IP address of the voice infrastructure including CUCM,CUC, IM&P, IP Phones and Voice Gateways.

They have around 50 branch locations with 80 voice gateways (including SRST gateways and VG224 analog gateways) and 11000 IP phones. 

CUCM has 9 nodes in the cluster, 2 CUC clusters and 2 IM&P clusters in two data center locations.

We are looking for a best approach(phase wise) for this migration and wanted to avoid a single cut-over for all these components,as it would be very cumbersome approach and even the rollback is time consuming and risky.

Looking forward for your suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Thammaya Gupta K.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it was me I would do all of it during one window as Unity Connection and IMP require little changes.

After you change the IP address for each app by following the document Cisco has prepared for you for each version you will need to make integration changes to the following:

CUC:

• Port groups configuration pointing to new CUCM servers
  • IP address under UC services in CUCM for Jabber 
  • If you are using ViewMail Outlook plugin and if it points to IP address

IMP:

• UC service in CUCM
  • SIP trunk in CUCM
  • SRV records if pointing to IP addresses or new hostnames

CUCM:

• SIP trunk to IMP
  • SIP trunk to CUC (if using SIP)
  • All voice GWs including SIP, H323, MGCP and SCCP configs (you can prep scripts ahead of time and then apply during cutover)
  • DHCP scopes pointing to new TFTP
  • Any 3rd party apps that points to CUCM

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it was me I would do all of it during one window as Unity Connection and IMP require little changes.

After you change the IP address for each app by following the document Cisco has prepared for you for each version you will need to make integration changes to the following:

CUC:

• Port groups configuration pointing to new CUCM servers
  • IP address under UC services in CUCM for Jabber 
  • If you are using ViewMail Outlook plugin and if it points to IP address

IMP:

• UC service in CUCM
  • SIP trunk in CUCM
  • SRV records if pointing to IP addresses or new hostnames

CUCM:

• SIP trunk to IMP
  • SIP trunk to CUC (if using SIP)
  • All voice GWs including SIP, H323, MGCP and SCCP configs (you can prep scripts ahead of time and then apply during cutover)
  • DHCP scopes pointing to new TFTP
  • Any 3rd party apps that points to CUCM
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: