cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/CUC: Rings after* forwarding to Voicemail, but before connecting?!?! (better explanation in post)

lkerznowski
Level 1
Level 1

Kind of difficult to explain in the title. What's happening is that if someone is forwarded to, transferred to, or direct dials voicemail... it keeps the caller on a hold line for about 3 rings before transferring. I'm sure this happens from an outside call as well, but it would be harder to notice. Let me try and paint what the phone is displaying and what is happening:

1) Call to an extension that rings as normal.

2) Assuming no answer, they should* be sent to voicemail.

3) What's happening now is that the phone is displaying 6600 (our VM Hunt Pilot) and the caller hears 3 more rings

4) Then* it's transferred to voicemail.

If I direct dial an extension to test:

1) Dial *1112

2) Phone instantly connects to and displays 6600 and rings 3 times same as above.

3) Then I am connected to the voicemail box.

This is something of recent that has started happening. Originally, any transfers or connections were instant. You went right to the mailbox. My receptionist was the first to inform me. She would get calls that needed to be transferred directly to voicemail (so *<extension>)... but it would ring 3 times before connecting to the voicemail. Other employees are now reporting the same thing.

Even without transferring, dialing any voicemail directly to test is doing the same thing.

Is this a setting found within either CUCM or CUC that is causing this? I have not made any outstanding changes of recent that should have caused this to start up or that I could trace back to. Completely new, and company wide. Looking for any help is point me towards the right direction for this. Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you defined any delay on CUC? If you are not sure then check the below:

Unity Connection webpage > Telephony Integration > Port Group > Click on Port Group > Edit > Advanced Settings > Delay after Answer (in ms)

Aseem

No. It's set at 0 milliseconds.

lkerznowski
Level 1
Level 1

Also a point to note that it's also happening when someone calls into a branch's main number. It use to just go straight to the System Call Handler / Greeting / Phone Tree... but now it apparently rings 3 times before connecting to this.

Still looking for help finding an answer.

Hi,

Are you using a CUC cluster? It could be the issue with the server slow to respond, could be because of high CPU/Low virtual memory etc. try the following:

1. If using cluster, try to route the call to the other node and see if it works.

2. If using a single server i would suggest you to delete and recreate the Voice mail ports.

3. Also perform a health check on the CUC server using the commands below:

show status

show process using-most cpu

show process using-most memory

utils diagnose test

utils ntp status

show cuc cluster status

Collect event viewer application and event viewer system logs to check for any alarms.

Aseem

Hi there,

I agree with my friend Aseem here (+5)

It sounds to me like an issue with the ports or port setup on Unity Connection. Perhaps some are hung or not answering properly I would try some test calls (off hours if possible) & this great tool may give us a hint as to what's actually happening here

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: