Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM DATABASE MIGRATION FROM 4.3 to 9.x

Can any body help me out how to do the setup . Customer has existing 4.3 call manager vesion . now they orderd for new mcs server with 9.x .

but they need to migrate all there database and features to the new setup. Here i will show the BOM which i got from cisco but can anybody help me

out how is the setup to do the . installation.

can i install the cucm 9 on the new mcs server . or any other way .

Tomorrow there is a meeting with customer can any body help me out on the senario

Instance NameCatalog NumDescription
Cisco Redundant Unified   Communication Manager Servers ( Scalable up to 2500 users )

MCS7835I3-K9-CME1MCS7835I3-K9-CME1Unified CM 9.0   7835-I3 Appliance, 0 Seats

CCX-90-CMBUNDLE-K9CCX-90-CMBUNDLE-K9CCX   9.0 Promo Bundle available only with NEW CUCM or BE6000

CUCMS-EVAL-K9CUCMS-EVAL-K9CUCMS   Monitoring Bundle Evaluation

CAB-ACUCAB-ACUAC   Power Cord (UK), C13, BS 1363, 2.5m

CON-SNT-MCS783KCCON-SNT-MCS783KC

SMARTNET   8X5XNBD Unified CM 9.0 7835-

Cisco Unified Communication Manager Licenses upgrade (   540 IP Phones and 440 Analog Phones ) + 3 Years UCSS Contract
UCL-UCM-LIC-K9UCL-UCM-LIC-K9Top Level Sku   For 9.x User License
CCX-90-CMBUNDLE-K9CCX-90-CMBUNDLE-K9CCX   9.0 Promo Bundle available only with NEW CUCM or BE6000
UCSS-UCM-ESS-PAKUCSS-UCM-ESS-PAKUCSS   for UCM Essential PAK
UCSS-UCM-PAKUCSS-UCM-PAKInclude   PAK Auto-expanding UCSS PAK for CUCM
CON-ESW-UCLUCMLKCON-ESW-UCLUCMLKESSENTIAL   SW Top Level Sku For 9.
CUCM-VERS-9.XCUCM-VERS-9.XCUCM  Software Version 9.X
MIG-CUCM-ESS-USR-AMIG-CUCM-ESS-USR-AMigration   to UC Manager Essential - Less than 1K Users
CON-ESW-MIGCUCM8CON-ESW-MIGCUCM8ESSENTIAL   SW Migration to UC Manager Essential
UCSS-UCM-ESS-A-3-1UCSS-UCM-ESS-A-3-1UC   Manager Ess UCSS Less than 1K users - 1 user - 3 years
MIG-CUCM-USR-AMIG-CUCM-USR-AMigration   to UC Manager Enhanced - Less than 1K Users
CON-ESW-MIGCUC87CON-ESW-MIGCUC87ESSENTIAL   SW Migration to UC Manager Enhanced
UCSS-UCM-ENH-A-3-1UCSS-UCM-ENH-A-3-1UC   Manager Enh UCSS Less than 1K users - 1 user - 3 years
Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you review the upgrade guides and release notes?

There is no direct upgrade from 4.3 to 9.X, you will need to go via intermediate release i.e. 6.1 or 7.1, also you are migrating from windows to appliance which requires DMA restore.

So, high level plan:

Install and run DMA on current server

Run install of 7.1 on new server and during install import DMA backup

Once 7.1 is up and running, upgrade to 9.X along with ELM installation and Linux cop files, all these are detailed in upgrade guides.

HTH,

Chris

Manivannan R
Level 1
Level 1

HI Breeze,

Hope you are doing great !

How do you over come from this migration issue can you please share those steps, because i'm in same kind of situation migration from 5.0 to 9.0. pls help me out

Still no direct upgrade path, you need to review the HW compatibility matrix to see if it supports the version, the SW compatiblity matrix to find an upgrade path, and the RN/upgrade guides from the target version to read additional considerations.

Review all that information (everything is available on CCO, search there, or search other CSC threads for them)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate