cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Directory Number Call Forwarded use 2 channels?

peter.slade
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if when you assign call forwarding for a directory number; does it use two channels, one for the call coming into the CUCM directory number and then another going out to the forwarded number? Just wondering how many channels are used when clients have numbers forwarded.

Thank you,

Peter

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to explain the call flow when asking this kind of things.

I'm going to assume you mean a call from the PSTN, and the forward destination is also a PSTN number, and you're using a PRI.

If so, the answer is yes (2 channels), that's the expected behavior, otherwise, provide a detailed call flow.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply,

I had been told that there is one channel used when the call gets forwarded out to PSTN, but that didn't make sense.

When the call comes in from PSTN through the PRI to the CUCM then is being forwarded back out to another PSTN number.  So this would use 2 channels for the duration of the call.

If the incoming call comes in and is forwarded to another number within the CUCM, it would only use one channel because it never goes back out from the CUCM.

Peter

be aware, those parameters are changing depend of the product type.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: