Helpful
Replies

CUCM Downgrade

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

One of our client is having an issue,

He made a mistake in ordering, and ordered CUCM v11.X (BE6M) whereas he ordered licenses for CUCM 10.X,

He cannot migrate those license to v11.x as he did not order SWSS/UCSS with the licenses.

One of the option now is that, Install new CUCM 10.X in the same Server and use those license with it.

Now, can someone confirm to me that whether the License PAK for CUCM is generated based on Server Hardware Serial or any other thing, 

also clarify whether he can use those license if he install CUCM10.X

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

License have nothing to do with Hardware serial Number. After installing , u need to share PLM request file to have licensing team.

Even though I have not come across similar situation for PAKs , u can try installing CUCM10 and try generating license for CUCM10 by visiting cisco.com/go/license. It should not matter since in both cases [CUCM10 or CUCM11 ] ,it is PLM.

In case, if it does not work, you can involve Cisco SE/AM for help.

regds,

aman

he already has the old license file for that V10.X,

so what do you think will happen, if he just install a new CUCM 10.X and use that old License file to install licenses,

will there be any issue in this?

Appreciate your prompt support.

I suppose u are using different/new Hardware for CUCM10 which was ordered for CUCM11.

In that case, licenses need to be re-hosted.

regds,

aman

No, he will install CUCM 10.X in the same hardware itself,

so what things he needs to consider for licensing or he can just use the old license file.

Thanks for the support.

Just a thought: can u run the command " license management show system"  from CLI of PUB and look for registration ID.

It should be same with old license file starting with alphanumeric 32 characters. Compare it.

regds,

aman

actually the issue is, the site is at some Govt Military camp, I dont have access to that,  its done by one of our clients, there are asking for some way around now as they cant purchase SWSS/UCSS

I want to be 100% sure before suggesting them this solution.

What do you think about installing a new CUCM 10x on SAME server and using the old license file. Do you need to consider something before initiating this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: