Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM downloads and Lab licenses

nathansouthgate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I got my CCNA a couple of years a go and recently I have been reading through the CCNA Voice book with a hope to take this early next year. I have been slowing building a voice lab for the last couple of months with mainly bargains off ebay. I am hoping to integrated this in to GNS3 but I believe I have the relavent hardware now in order to create a decent lab.

I have been trying to figure out how to get hold of the CUCM software has after many google searches I have come up empty, most have led me back to Cisco.com where although I still have a logon I have not got an appropriate SLA. From what I understand I should be abel to use a Lab license but again......where to get this I am unsure.

There are few CCIE persons selling various VM's but I would rather build these out my self as I am sure that would have got the software for free due to there qualifications.

Any pointers for my quest would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks

Nathan                 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM after it's installed has a demo license which you can use for lab/demo purposes.

Problem is:

a) we do not have bootable versions on CCO

b) you need a valid CCO to download any kind of SW

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

I should be able to figure out how to get it bootable but I can not get the software as CCNA is not a high enough qualification to download these. I need this in orer to learn CCNA Voice properly

Nathan,

No certification entitles you to free downloads, evern CCIE. Enitlement is strictly based on your associated contract numbers which need to include UCSS software subscription support for given product.

HTH,

Chris            

Thanks Chris,

How do you recommend the best way to build a lab andpraactise for CCNA Voice?

Regards

Nathan

Nathan,

My only suggestion would be to see if you can get anyone you know provide the bootable media or download it for you as you can change the downloaded iso to be bootable (many threads on how to do that here) with assumption that it would be just for lab and not production deployment. If your company does not currently have CUCM or you do not know anyone who could provide it to you I don't know of other ways to obtain it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: