cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM error with having more than one tab open

nstahl2124
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I saw there were a few other posts on the same issue however they didn't really answer my question. While I was comparing two different phone configurations, I tried to save one of the configurations and the following error message popped up

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. This may be caused by having multiple concurrent windows open or using browser buttons (back, refresh, etc). Please retry the operation

Once I closed the other tab I was able to save, however we just upgraded from 9.X, I believe, to 11.5, and we did not get this error before. So is there any way that we are able to disable this "security violation" in OS Admin?

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please refer to CSCup89908

Apart from this, this is also a mechanism to prevent concurrent changes to a particular component in DB which might cause problem or discrepancies in the DB.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Great information! However if using another browser, while logged into the same user, couldn't this still corrupt the DB?

Thats a valid argument. I am not sure about that.

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

What's the deal with this ridiculous "feature" which serves only to torture users that need multiple windows open to reference multiple elements while working in CUCM ? (If it can even be called a feature.) This has been frustrating ALL users of CUCM since introduced!! Can Cisco please identify the developer responsible for this mess? I surely hope this developer that has caused so much pain for CUCM users has been terminated and placed on a permanent blacklist.

I suggest you discuss this with your SE/AM, this was not done just because. There is an internal bug associated to this behavior, but details cannot be posted in a public forum.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, are you referring to CSCvb98169? My customer is experiencing this same issue in CUCM v11.5.1.10000-6. Seems to appear mostly when updating line configuration, but does not occur every time. The problem occurs even when only one browser/session is open.

No, that is another bug. There is an internal bug with the details as to why the behavior was changed to prevent you having more than one session open in the same browser.

HTH

java

Thanks. I can understand not allowing multiple browser sessions, I would expect that behavior. For those that feel the need to view the configuration of a single object in multiple browser sessions, logging in through a different cluster node for each session will not generate that error message.

My customer is intermittently receiving the security warning errors with only a single browser session open.

That bug is also related to another internal bug, if you haven't, you would need to open a TAC case to get the full details on it.

HTH

java

Jaime, you rock you really do!
I am just saying, being a callmanager geek since 1998, when Cisco acquired Selsius, it doesn't make me like it any better :-)

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can get around that by just using other browser. This is in the documentation:

From any user PC in your network, browse into a server that is running Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration and log in with administrative privileges.

Note

Simultaneous login to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration by a large number of users can cause performance to suffer. Try to limit the number of users and administrators that are logged on simultaneously.

Note

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration does not support the buttons in your browser. Do not use the browser buttons (for example, the Back button) when you perform configuration tasks.

Note
If you receive the following error message upon saving a configuration, entered changes are not lost. Click Save again after seeing the error message.

Security Error : The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. This may be caused by having multiple concurrent windows open or using browser buttons (back, refresh, etc). Please retry the operation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_W6916DC4_00

HTH

java

I did see this, but no reference if there was a way to change it. Thanks for the information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: