cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM & Expressway for MRA compatibility

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

My customer is currently running CUCM 9.1 and using Expressway for Jabber MRA version 8.2.2.

We are planning to upgrade CUCM to 11.5 so understand that Expressway will need upgrading. I'm trying to find some documentation that states what Expressway versions are compatable with what CUCM versions.

I would like to do the Expressway ahead of time but I want to know if I can run Expressway 8.9.1 with CUCM 9.1? I can't find any documentation around if this is possible!

Thanks in advance.

Matty

7 Replies 7

Yes, you can. But won't work the other way around.

However, with x8.9.1 you'll need a PTR records for the FQDN of the expressway-e in the outside. Otherwise, OUTSIDE clients won't be able to authenticate. Or You can also disable that feature though.

Thanks Jean Paul,

Do you have any links to any documentation or is that based on experience?

Matty

The very first page of the MRA guide has the minimum versions to be used with that expressway version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So for my version 8.2 I can see in:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-2/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-2.pdf

It does state:

Unified CM 9.1 (2) SU1 or later and IM and Presence Servers 9.1 (1) or later

But my question is how much later!? :-)

Will this version support CUCM & IM&P 11.5? Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks

Matty

If you're looking for a complete compatibility matrix of expressway Vs. CUCM, there isn't one. The docs mention the minimum release when it was posted, according to testing.

For 11.5 releases, the recommendation is x8.9 an later. The x8.9 docs mention this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Matty,

i am not sure whether or not you have seen this doc- page 17 to 19:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-9.pdf

That's was sent to me by the TAC... after upgrading and found out that i had a DNS issue which had caused authentication issue with my outside client...

And once again, CUCM/CUP IMP upgrade/configuration guide all mention 11.5 and X8.9.1 works just fine beside DNS issue if you are coming below X.8.8.

HTH

We need PTR in outside for expressway? Point me to documentation, please? Is this true?