Helpful
Replies

CUCM home lab

yasirvistro1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

i like to create CUCM home lab kindly help me on this 

what configuration of Server i need for this and which CUCM is best for this . i know this is very basic question i google but get confisued they is alote of material available on it. . kindly help me on this. Thanks 

Regards

Yasir Vistro 

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yasir,

You can install any version of CUCM as far as it is used to be for lab. Since 10 had been there for some time, will recommend to install anything in that train for which you can get the bootable media easily probably 10.5(2) SU2 or 10.5(2) SU2a.

In case you do not have a UCS server, then you will probably need to settle with version 8 or 9 CM as they can be installed on MCS as well

Hardware related details can be found below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/10_x/CUCM_BK_CD1DB914_00_compat_matrix.html

Regards

Deepak

Hi All

First of all thanks for your support.

I successfully installed CUCM v 7 on vm workstation 11 . I have Quad Core with 8 GB RAM. I allocate 4GB to VM Machine but CUCM response is very slow . I tried 100 time to enable services but connection time out. Kindly help me on this ..

How is enable CUCM services via cli …

I tried run Cisco Tomcat but fail.

Kindly help me thanks in advance

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

CUCM runs as a VM so if you just wanted a home LAB then use VMWare Workstation Player and obtain a demo licence from the Cisco Website. 

I run on a home lab on a dedicated ESX host but have used VMWare player before this and it worked fine.

Bear in mind CUCM needs 2-4GB of RAM on its own, you need to install with 4GB of RAM assigned to the guest I believe but you can scale it back to 2GB once the install has finished, it may not be very fast at 2GB though. 

In some cases, depending how many users and phones you have, you will need 8 GB of RAM.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: