cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM IM & Presence - no chat and presence status feature ?

potan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ;

My customer currently with Cisco UC environment ;

1. 2 x CUCM ver 10.5

2. 2 x CUC ver 10.5

3. 1 x VG C3900

5. 500 x users with C8841/C8851 IP Phone.

The system been running for few months, so far so good. Recently they ask add in CUP in the environment.

i did install CUP and integrate with CUCM, all the integration setting been configured according base on documentation. The ONLY difference is that my environment is "WITHOUT AD", use CUCM's "User Management - end users" as login id.

Tested with few Jabber application - Jabber for Windows, Jabber for iPhone and Jabber for Android. All the Jabber clients able to login and make call/receive calls no issue. The only issue is that NO "Chat and Presence Status" feature. Jabber client not able chat and see the presence status. How to enable those feature ? Pls advice. Thanks.

rgds

tan

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tan,

Did u configure UC Profiles and Service Profiles in Call Manager .Also, associated UC Profiles in it ?

Also,you need to  Enable User for CM IM and Presence in associated UC Service Profile in end USer page in call Manager.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_01011111.html

Do check in IM & Presence , messaging---settings, whether Enable Instant Messaging is Checked or not.You need to check it.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman ;

all these setting which you mention in your reply mail, i did configured. Somehow, the Jabber "chat" and "presence" status is not available. But voice call no issue. Isn't the "chat" and "presence" for CUPS is available by default ?

I can see the only difference is my environment no AD (LDAP). Does this matter ? Pls advice. Thanks.

rgds

tan

Hi Tan,

After u login Jabber, at Top right----Show connection status , what do u get in Outlook Address book,Directory ,Presence, Are all showing Green Tick mark?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman ;

I not sure, but after i login to Jabber it show my status is green. But i can't add or find other users, event there are few users already login to Jabber.  The CUPS setup is not integrate with AD, hence no status in Ms Outlook. Strange...?Thanks

rgds

tan

Hi Tan,

I suggest opening TAC case. You need to upload jabber-config.xml file in call manager having UDS since you are not using AD.

You can also generate the file by downloading .zip , populating the fields and then, uplaoding in CUCM and restarting the tftp service in CUCM.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/106926/jabber-config-file-generator

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: