Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Hall of Fame Member-Peter PAluch

Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Installation - Answer File

I am trying to test the CUCM Installation (version 11.0.1) using the Answer File (added on a USB Disk).

After being asked for the answer file, I am getting the error below.

I have created a link for my xml file Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.00.28.png

Thank you

Theo

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Rising star

Re: CUCM Installation - Answer File

If this is a publisher, the answer files will want a clusterConfig.xml as well as a platformConfig.xml for this to work.

But I believe your problem is the parameter value under Product Deployment. For a CUCM server that value should read <ParamValue>callmanager</ParamValue> and not <ParamValue>cuba</ParamValue>

I would also encourage you to remove the remark lines with the password for the actual file you use to do the install. If you are keeping a record, add those remark files in on the copy you store.

And I'm with Jonathan on the floppy suggestion. I've done many hundreds of server installs (large lab environment) using virtual floppies and have never had a problem.

4 REPLIES

Good god, do not expose your platform/cluster config files to the public internet. They contain built-in credentials!

I have never tried using a USB stick since that seems more involved. Creating a virtual floppy file is tradinionally the way to go. If the installer doesn’t like the file perhaps ensure you chose the correct product/version in AFG.
Highlighted
VIP Rising star

If this is a publisher, the answer files will want a clusterConfig.xml as well as a platformConfig.xml for this to work.

But I believe your problem is the parameter value under Product Deployment. For a CUCM server that value should read <ParamValue>callmanager</ParamValue> and not <ParamValue>cuba</ParamValue>

I would also encourage you to remove the remark lines with the password for the actual file you use to do the install. If you are keeping a record, add those remark files in on the copy you store.

And I'm with Jonathan on the floppy suggestion. I've done many hundreds of server installs (large lab environment) using virtual floppies and have never had a problem.

Thank you Maren,

I have added both the ClusterConfig.xml and the correct  PlatformConfig.xml on a floppy disk with no much luck. 

I think I have done so many tests / manual changes on the config files that I have now lost track. 

I will wipe everything, do a clean install and I hope it will work. 

* Of course this is a lab I am running that's why I am sharing my credentials. 

Thanks again. 

I have managed to figured out what the problem was. First of all when you generate the XML file Mozilla Firefox displays it as html (right window). If you press Ctl+U, you can get the XML format, which you can copy/paste on text Editor (Notepad++) and save the file as platformConfig.xml.

Then you have to do the same with clusterConfig.xml

Also I was using a .img floppy disk type. I have created a .flp file using WinImage and added both the xml files there

A great step-by-step guide can be found on Youtube

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 11.34.52.png

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Blog-Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2019