Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Installation

Can anybody explain how to install cucm .In simple way. I tried to read Cisco page don't understand anything.

Please help

9 Replies 9

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you mean installation literally, getting the software loaded and running to the point that you can access the administration pages?  Or the whole thing including configuring CUCM into a working telephone and UC system?

Yes installation Included software's loaded and running for access the administration pages.where do we need to install the software for cucm .If possible please explain the working telephone and UC system also.

The install guide is here, assuming for a new install you'd chose the latest release which is 12.5

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/12_5_1/cucm_b_install-guide-cucm-imp-1251.html

It might be better for you to raise specific questions if there are parts you're not clear about.   It's a complicated product so nobody is going to be able to explain it all to you in a forum post.  Explaining everything would be just as complex as Cisco's documentation in any case.

what all files we need for installation there are few files like locale installer ,device packages,Time zone updates, Manager utilities,

for real time environment, which one should I download

And for practicing is it

unified communication manager virtual machine templates are enough.

You will need, in the order you'll use them ... the correct OVA file,  the Bootable install ISO,  appropriate Locale(s) if you are not in the US,  appropriate Dial Plan(s) again if you're outside the US.  If you're installing a recent version don't worry about time zone updates, you'd be very unlucky to find an issue with the included database.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few things:

A) Spend a few minutes googling and you'll find all you need on how to install CUCM, plenty of threads, documentation and even videos on the process. This ONLY for the installation.

B) There is no bootable media available to download, and even for SUs you need a valid support contract to download them. Bootable media requires a support contract or a purchase order. You would need to buy the NFR kit or the lab option, and I'm assuming you already have met the HW/ESXi requirements to install it

C) There is no quick or straight guide on how to proceed with the whole configuration after you install it, you're going to have to spend many, many hours reading the configuration guides, or looking at information online, blogs, videos, etc.

D) if you use CUCM 12.x, you'll also need to go through all the process of setting up a smart account/virtual account in order to license CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In few departments they already have  ip phones  working.They want to provide ip phones to other department .So do  I need to Iinstall a new cucm with new ip for this . or can I add  my new phone to the existing cucm.

No way to answer that without knowing what OVA size was deployed and the deployment model, is there enough BW between offices, is there direct IP connectivity between endpoints, is QoS in place for voice/video, do you need redundancy, do you meet the HW/ESXi requirements to install another node, etc.

I strongly suggest you hire a reputable consultant to look into this and advice what you can do with what you have.

Licensing (assuming you're running a current release) would be the one thing you don't have to worry about right now as you can get extra licenses for a certain period of time due to the pandemic.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thankyou for information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: