Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM is Rejecting All my Phones

Not applicable

Hi, I'm Edson Guevara and I'm new in this community   

I have just installed a CUCM, it's on demo Licence (because i have not uploaded any license yet), I've installed it on an enviroment that already had a CUCM installed and running but we decided to start again from the begining, so I deleted the CUCM and instaled a new one re-using the IP address of the old one, the problem comes when im registering the phones, ony one of them registered correctly, and the rest of them keeps on displaying rejeted on the status line of CUCM

I don't know what the problem is, I've tried factory resseting some of the phones but the problem persists, and when i add a new phone it gets rejected authomatically by the CUCM

I would really appreciate hep on this matter since I can't figure the problem out on my own

Thanks for taking the time of answering my doubts

Sincerey: Edson

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the phones already configured or do you have auto-registration configured??

Are all the services running?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes all of the Phones were configured, I've already found the problem... somehow the phones retained the IP address the DHCP server gave them, thus producing an error, i dont know why this happened but when I released the IP and set it back the problem fixed and the phones started registering normaly

Thanks for the help and insterest though I'm really Thankfull

Fabien GILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edson,

Welcome on the Community and in the CuCM world ;-)

Do you have check the parameters of your DHCP ?

TFTP option is mandatory in your case...

Are you sure you don't have another DHCP server running on your network ?

If you take a new phone and you create a new profil before you plug it on your network the phone registered sucessfuly or not ?

What kind of equipement the phones are connect ? Switch ? What vendor and model ?

HTH.

Fabien.

Hi fabien,

The DHCP server has stopped givin addresses to new phones, I don't Know why all the links are OK and the DHCP config is OK.. I have enabled option 150 on that server too

All of the equipement is cisco and the phones are connected to a switch 2960 wich is directly connected to the router that acts as the DHCP server

Thanks for the advice I'll try to check why the DHCP is not giving any address to the new phones

Have you tried to clear the dhcp bindings on the router?

Otherwise just remove the dhcp pool and reconfigure it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Not applicable

Yes that did it!!... I Dont know why, I just reconfigured the same DHCP pool with the same settings and it just started working.. any ideas why that happens??

Thanks so much for the help everyone!!

Your DHCP server already had the mac addresses and the phones just kept the last one because the DHCP wasn't giving out new addresses.

If you had a lease time, it probably would have as well.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Edson,

Couple of other things to check.

1. See if your CUCM has enough DLU licenses available for the new phone registration.

2. Also make sure to delete the old registered phones from the CUCM Admin->Call Routing->Route Plan report before registering them newly.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Not applicable

Hi anchoudh

Yes, Both of those options are OK, one thing I've noticed is that the DHCP server is not giving new addresses to new phones, I've checked the config and everything seems fine, the phones are connected trough a switch to the router that has the DHCP configured.... all of the devices are cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: