Views
Helpful
Replies

CuCM issue with Huntpiloturi String

michael.schenk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have a customer with Cisco CUCM Version 11.5.1.15900-18.
Our System is the ascom IP-DECT. When we use a Hunt Group the Alerting Name contains wrong Information.

On the Display it's shown like this: "%22Test%22 (Test being a test name for Alerting Name).

But as you can see in the attached Image, in the "Alerting Name" Field it's only "Test" filled in.

image-2018-09-18-10-26-00-798.jpg

With Wireshark, you can see the following String:
Huntpiloturi ="%22Test%22<sip:XXXXXXXXXX@IP.IP.IP.IP>"

Has anyone similar issues? What might cause this issue?

Best regards
Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well, %22 is how you escape a double quotation mark, which would be necessary since the full value appears to be encapsulated in double quotes already. SIP headers are not normally formatted that way though. Can we see either a screenshot of the Wireshark protocol debug or a plain text version of the SIP message?

First, thanks for that quick reply!

Here you can see a screenshot of the Message Header Part from the Wireshark protocol debug:
message_header_black.jpg

Is there anything else you ned? I tried to paint over the private data black.

/Michael

Ah ok, it's a parameter on the Call-Info header, not a header by itself. This appears to conform to RFC3261 section 25.1 which requires certain special characters - including DQUOTE - be escaped if they appear within a parameter value. I believe the errant behavior here is on the Ascom side of things, though I'll admit a bit of surprise that they're looking at this in the first place.

It appears Cisco decided to create a defect for this behavior:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn75533

Thank you very much for your help!

It seems to be fixed now. Good News for our customer.