Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Keeps going off on a virtual machine

Alfred Odhiambo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am currently running CUCM Version 7.1.5.20000-6 on VM but it keeps on shutting down. I was previously running it on physical hardware but the hardware broke down forcing me to migrate to a VM as a temporary solution. But after the migration, the CUCM has never been stable. I previously had one snapshot of the CUCM and it will stay at least one day before it goes offline. Now the more I create the snap shots the less time the CUCM will stay online. 

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Any Workaround?

Kindly assist.

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

CUCM 7.x is not supported on virtualized environment. Only CUCM 8.x and later is supported on virtualized environment. I would recommend to upgrade your CUCM environment to newer version.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why are you creating snapshots?  That puts a lot of load on the VMware host and it's storage systems.   Given that CUCM 7.x isn't supported on VMware anyway, I'd suggest getting rid of (consolidating) the snapshots.  I don't believe that function is even supported on later versions of CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: