Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - LDAP Directory Issue

Kasiraman S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure a LDAP directory is CUCM. I manually added a OU in AD and trying to sync that OU with CUCM user base but it is throwing error in CUCM stating wrong LDAP User Search Base. I'm able to add the default "Users" OU but not the one I manually created called "CUCM". Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong here.

I have attached the Screenshot of the Error and the AD OU structure.

Thanks,

Kasi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be OU=CUCM,DC=SLHL,DC=com. The users container is not a normal LDAP organizational unit which is why you use CN= instead of the typical OU=.

Also, username@domain.com is not a Distinguished Name. That's the UPN which may or may not always work. I suggest you change this to a real DN which would look like CN=the full name,CN=Users,DC=SLHL,DC=com (or whatever container it's in). The CN= attribute is typically the display name in AD; however, you can check the using ADSI Edit or AD Explorer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be OU=CUCM,DC=SLHL,DC=com. The users container is not a normal LDAP organizational unit which is why you use CN= instead of the typical OU=.

Also, username@domain.com is not a Distinguished Name. That's the UPN which may or may not always work. I suggest you change this to a real DN which would look like CN=the full name,CN=Users,DC=SLHL,DC=com (or whatever container it's in). The CN= attribute is typically the display name in AD; however, you can check the using ADSI Edit or AD Explorer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: