Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM LDAP Sync response - zero results

riedmueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to re-create some labs from an CICD course, and I am having no luck accomplishing a syncronization between my CUCM node (10.5) and my Domain Controller (2008R2).

Running wireshark on the DC, the search message from CUCM nets a reply of "zero results".

LDAP System as sAMAccountname set up as the user ID

LDAP Directory is pretty generic

The server address at the bottom of the page is obviously correct...

The Windows Server is set up so that the user dirsync is a Domain Admin. The ou CCMUsers definitely exists and is populated with one user

The user has all the required fields filled out (I had Steve Vai playing in the background, so..)

I run Wireshark on the DC, filtered for traffic between CUCM and DC, and I see the search request, but also see a "zero results" message

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

16 Replies 16

Hi all,

I am facing with the same issue.
I have CUCM 12.5 and CUCM get a result (0).
image.png
I tried to use CUCM 11.5 with the same configuration and CUCM succesfully import all users.

Any suggest?

austinwilly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

CUCM 12.5 close to the same issue but interestingly enough when i point directly at an LDAP server it works or if im using LDAP port 389 no TLS it works. I only experience the issue when I'm pointed at a VIP and using LDAPS with TLS enabled on port 636.

I could just add all of our LDAP servers in a big list for redundancy but then we really wouldn't have the load balancing that using a VIP on the NetScaler gives us so Ive got a TAC case open with Cisco to get some answers.

I should also mention that for us this only affects Authentication as far as we can tell. its still pulling a complete user list with information but when it tries to Auth a Users AD creds we have the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: