Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM license migration

fgariba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

i have to migrate all the device from an exixsing CUCM 10.5.2 to another 10.5.2 CUCM.

The exiting old CUCM will be used for other services.

My doubt is for licensing. All the license are stored in the "old" ELM in the "old" CUCM.

Can i use the existing license in the "old" server for the new CUCM? Just need to add the additional "procuct instance"?

Thanks a lot,

Fabio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if your New CUCM it not a part of  other PLM, you can add this new CUCM as another instance on your OLD PLM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

if your New CUCM it not a part of  other PLM, you can add this new CUCM as another instance on your OLD PLM.

Response Signature

if you are planning to add the new CUCM  on old PLM to preserve the license, you don’t need to do that.As @@Tony mentioned   you can rehost the license with Cisco licensing tac support.

Licensing support email  has been discontinued. open a licensing tac case  from below link 

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

share with them the old and new license request file and ask them to rehoste to new.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

I suggest re-hosting your licences.  Send Cisco licensing an email explaining what you want to do, include the Licence Request text from the old PLM and from the new one.  That way you don't have to keep the old PLM running.