Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Line and Device TAGS

I was wondering if anyone has been able to find the documented list of tags for Self Provisioning.

It seems Cisco has updated the #LASTNAME# and #FIRSTNAME# to #LN# and #FN#, but it would be nice to have a full list.  I specifically looking for the tag for Directory Number.

6 Replies 6

frank_wakelin
Level 1
Level 1

I agree - I would like a complete, and WORKING list.  The documentation has no reference to these.  I'm looking specifically for a tag to reference the primary extension which used to be there.  I have a TAC case open at the moment and they are having me try #EXT# (for extension), and #PRI# (for primary extension).  Neither of them work. 

Self provisioning completely fails when #PRI# is used (won't create the device at all).  When #EXT# is used, self provisioning will create the device the device however nothing is substituted in place of #EXT#, its simply left blank.

Here is a list I was working from in v10. I haven't tried all of these in v11. And, as you pointed out, some of them have been updated.

#FirstName#
#LastName#
#UserID#
#Email#
#Department#
#Manager#
#PrimaryExtension#
#Extension#
#LineIndex#
#DeviceName#
#Product#
#Protocol#

Yes, and many of them no longer work (like #extension#, #primaryextension#, etc.). There is no complete listing of these that I can find. Even TAC is guessing now having me try various abbreviations of these. -sigh-

If only there were some mechanism by which manufacturers could inform the end users of these features rather than making them guess.

The variables *must* be defined in the program itself, or the program would not be able to map the field to the variable. So there *is* a list somewhere. When I worked for Cisco we were allowed to reach back to the BU and the developers and ask this kind of question. Maybe your TAC person can send an email to the BU?

Maren

Agreed - I am trying with my current TAC engineer. It still baffles me why this wouldn't be part of the documentation.

There is now an "enhancement request" to (re)introduce these tags -sigh-:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy63194

This requires bumping from your Cisco rep to get it prioritized.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: