Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM migration to version 10

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all

I am running a BE6k system with CUCM and CUC v9.1.2. In order to take advatage of the new feaures that CUCM and CUC version have, I have decided to migrate to version 10, but I am facing a migration issue. According to the upgrade guide, the migration from 9.x to 10 is a Refresh Upgrade (the underlying Red Hat operating system has to be upgraded) and I have to use Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment. The ova image file for that is pcd_vApp_UCOS_10.0.1.10000-14_vmv7_v1.0.ova but I cannot find it anywhere. Moreover I cannot also find any iso images of the CUCM installation .Am I missing something??

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, .0 releases are not posted on CCO.

And PCD comes with the media kit of 10.0, use PUT to order it.

And you do not have to use PCD, you can do the upgrade manually without PCD if you like.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, .0 releases are not posted on CCO.

And PCD comes with the media kit of 10.0, use PUT to order it.

And you do not have to use PCD, you can do the upgrade manually without PCD if you like.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

[+5] for Jaime.

You can also refer the discussion held for CUCM10.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12103966/ask-expert-cisco-unified-communications-manager-cucm-version-100

regds,

aman

Thanks for the link.  TAC said you could also extract the PCD ova from the iso I obtained from PUT.  File is called PCD_VAPP.ova and it appears to have worked.

hi all 

how Extract VCD VAPP.OVA file 

In Windows, you can use WinZip to extract the ova file from the PCD iso image.  (Right click on the iso and select "extract all")

Hi,

could you also publish the vmv8 version of the file, because I need to prepare a project without having the media kit now.

Thanks a lot,

Jacky

Whats the password to the ftp?

Thx

SKVL

Hi,

I think u are referring to adminsftp account.

Use the OS Administration password of PCD.

regds,

aman

Thanks for the quick response, happily downloading

it has stopped downloading.

am using adminsftp for user but no password

can u share the exact error message or snapshot ?

regds,

aman

Managed thanks.

Have you ever come across a data export error when migrating with PCD?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: