Adrián Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all good day;

I have a cisco voice environment that includes:

CUCM 2 servers Version 9.1

CUC 2 servers Version 9.1

CUA 1 server Version 9.1

whit this I can handle add, remove: lines, desk phones, softphones, gateways, trunks, voicemails, IVR

this environment is local at VMWare machines but with recent changes, I need to move all of this to Virtual Machine in the Cloud.

this system handle gateways around the world, I wonder if someone can give me some advice on how to move the system without impacting it too much the operation and if is possible tell me what do I need in order to migrate everything well.

feel free to ask for specific information. Thanks

Regards

MSE Adrian M.
7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly to which cloud do you plan to move this?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

migration planning will be to SoftLayer from IBM.

MSE Adrian M.

thanks, Jaime will check this.

MSE Adrian M.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Be aware that CUCM 9.1 has been unsupported for a couple of years now.  As well as making sure your chosen cloud is supported in principle, you also need to make sure it is compatible with your actual version of CUCM.  Cisco no longer publishes information for 9.x but for example 10.0 isn't supported on anything later than ESXi 6.0.

so the first recommendation should be upgrade the system to 10 or newer version?

the plan is to migrated everything to SoftLayer by IBM

MSE Adrian M.

AFAIK the support virtualisation platform  for CUCM is Vmware. So are you going to install VMware on SoftLayer ?

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: