cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM / MVS Configuration (7.1 / 5.0)

adamtodd16
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone done a successful deployment of MVS with CUCM?

We have purchased MVS 5 and installed the Blackberry side, but running into issues on the Cisco Side.

Blackberry documentation mentions an MVS Option Package, but I cannot find anything on the Cisco website.

Any direction or documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's because you pull this down from RIM's website:

BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System client software, configuration files, service packs and maintenance releases

Select Cisco Option Package (COP) - For deployment with Blackberry MVS from the dropdown.

Please rate helpful responses.

Thanks Jonathan.

Have you done a complete installation of the system?

I have not. Most of my customers are moving away from RIM it seems and don't want to invest in that platform.

Loaded the option file and reloaded the call managers, but still not seeing the Trunk Security Profile.

Ideas?

SIP Trunk Security Profile is a standard UI element.  It's under the System > Security > SIP Trunk Security Profile menu. I don't have whatever manual you are reading so you'll need to be more specific.

That is the main issue - I cannot find a manual that helps with the implementation from the Cisco and Rim side. The only thing I have been able to track down is a set of screenshots from Cisco, where they show how screens should look.

For the security profile, they do not show the setup of it, so I had left it out originally.

Are you aware of any documenation out there?

roger.newton
Level 1
Level 1

Adam, when you purchased MVS (for your Company?), you should have been provided with a support option.  Have you reached out to RIM as the specific instructions to program CUCM are not generally availale online form Cisco.  Let me know as I may be able to assist,

Roger

Tony_paparazzo
Level 1
Level 1

Did u happen to get this to work? I have confiugred everything..BB clients register to CUCM but cannot place calls. Something seems wrong with sip trunk..Im trying to see if its in the MVS sip profile..I have it  incoming TCP+UDP and Outgoing UDP. Invoming Port 6060

any help would be appreciated..funny thing is the MVS client was workign and stopped