cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Outbound Call Failure to a Specific Number. Your call cannot be completed as dialed please consult your directory

Bob.Myles
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUMC 11.0.1

4331 Router as Gateway - no Voice-translation rules match 'blocked / unassigned' numbers described

SIP Trunk to Windstream 

Route Filters only block 900 and 976 numbers and International numbers if applied to a device

All Route patterns are 'dynamic' 9.1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx - No specific numbers..

Problem:  Our VOIP Phones

CAN call Outbound to 615-851-8001 ..  CANNOT Call out to 615-851-8000

CAN call Outbound to 615-859-6484 ..  CANNOT Call out to 615-859-6485

Cell Phones have no issues, so the Numbers are Live and active

when Dialing, each digit seems proper until the last digit '0' or '5' is dialed - immediately get the 

Your call cannot be completed as dialed please consult your directory  message..

VOIP Phone can dial several other numbers in the ranges (xxx8002, xxx8003 or xxx6484, xxx6487.. and so on .)

DNA reports Both successful and failed calls use the same CSS, Route Pattern and Group

RTMT reports 404 Error Not Found on the failed call.  ...

Termination Cause Code (1) Unallocated (unassigned) number. The number requested by the calling user cannot be reached because it is not currently assigned to any user by the network.

Call Does not show up in the Router.... the first time..

if i dial it once.. i immediately get the "Your Call cannot..." message.. and the call does not show up in the router.

if i dial it again within a few seconds.. i see the call in the router, get a msg from the telco - 'All Circuits are Busy' followed by the "Your Call cannot..." message

I do not know where else to Look..  can someone shed some light on how to track or fix this issue?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
DNA does does not perform digit-by-digit analysis so it’s not a perfect test for endpoints with dial tone. It will not, for example, show less specific pattern matches that would be chosen due to the use of urgent priority. I suggest also looking at your Route Plan Report with a critical eye to consider if another pattern is potentially tripping you up. Enabling dial forest dumps in the SDL trace file can also show this but it should really only be used with TAC’s guidance.

It’s also odd that some calls make it to the gateway and others don’t. Does the Route Group have multiple gateways/trunks in it?

In the instances that the call does arrive to the gateway, are the ANI and DNIS sent to the carrier formatted that same as a working call? If yes, then you should open a trouble ticket with your carrier.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: