yadwindersingh
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CUCM MCS 7845 servers 

1. Publisher

2 TFTP

3 Subscriber

4 Bckup Subscriber

I Have an issue. When i tries to register new IP phone On the display of VOIP it always show Registering . In CUCM It registers automatically to Publisher server and Generate Auto assigned number but immediately show unregistered. I checked everything from network side its OK. and i am able to ping VOIP ip form my location. Again when i deleted phone entry from my server then phone automatically register again and generate other auto assigned number and shows unregistered immediately. 

mean to say phone registers and immediately unregisters. Please help me find the exact issue.

same problem i am facing at 4-5 remote locations on same Server. But the phones that are already registered those are working fine. No impact on my other services. RTMT report is normal. 

5 Replies 5

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

can us check the status messages on the phone and check where exactly the failure to register happens, also I would recommend to delete the phone and re add it again and check the phone status msgs, hope this helps if you could decrypt the msgs you can identify where excatly it fails to register. Also pls confirm if this the phone type you are using is SIP or SCCP 

Using 7911 SIP phone. Actually as i already told i deleted unregistered entry and reboot the phone. it auto registered again and immediately unregistered. May be there is some issue when phone registers with publisher server.

i repeat the same 3-4 times but same issue reported. then i search the phone entry in CUCM by mac address and configure it manually on my subscriber server and reboot the phone. Now its working fine. Now i want to know what and where is the exact issue.

Please help me how to trace the issue. because it is very difficult to repeat the same process for every new registered phone. 

Had you enabled CM service in the PUB, usually we wouldn't enable CM service in PUB, it should register in the subscriber, we need the phone config logs to identify where the registration gets failed. 

Yes CM Services are enabled. Please guide me to get config logs. i will check.

i have another issue, 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12427911/cucm-db-query

Can you please check.

Does the same phone registers with PUB successfully if the phone is configured manually (w/o using auto-registration)?

Possible to get SIP traces?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: