Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM QOS database CDR always shows NA

Roger B
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I am having CUCM 8.6 installed, an d when I fetch the System Reports--> QOS --> Summary then I get the report but all the calls get listed in NA field only and not a single call falls in GOOD,ACCEPTABLE,FAIR or POOR field. Now user wants QOS report for his calls where all call are in NA field, can anyone help here?

15 Replies 15

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to do two things:

1) In Service Parameters, ensure that CMRs are collected as well as CDRs

2) In CAR Admin, in the settings there is a box with the CDR load settings that says 'CDR Load Only' or something similar. That must be unchecked for CMR to be loaded into CAR. it defualts to checked and isn't clearly worded..

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I have unchecked the "CDR Load Only" from CDR load settings but still the issue is there.

and I am not able to see CMRs listed in Service Parameters (CIsco Unified CM Administration).

Hi

The service param is 'Call Diagnostics Enabled' - usually I set to 'Enabled only when CDR Enabled Flag is True'.

It will not work retroactively - future CDR loads should have QoS info (if you search for specific calls using CDR/Search/By user/number you should see packet statistics on the calls), so the other reports should start showing info... maybe give it a couple of hours and ensure you are reporting on the period since you changed the parameters.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I have reconfigured the options 'Call Diagnostic Enable'  but stillI I am facing the same issue. Can you please help here?

Do i need to restart CDR services for the same?

Hi,

It got resolved thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Rahul

Good to hear!

Please remember to mark calls as 'answered' if appropriate to help identify useful content..

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Hi, everybody

I have the same problem as the author of the topic. I have applied all the recommendations given:
- service param - Enabled only when CDR Enabled Flag is True
- unchecked the "CDR Load Only"
- All phones have Owner User ID
But QoS is not displayed for the most calls and it has NA status. Only 700 calls from more 4000 calls have another status Good or other possible variants. Could you suggest any other options to do?

Thank You!

Hi

Look closer at the detail of the entries - which ones have QOS info? Which do not?

You may find it's particular endpoints or types of calls that involve devices that do not supply QoS metrics back to CUCM - e.g. perhaps CTI apps or third party/low end phones.

Aaron

Hi

I loaded the node one more time last weekend. After that all worked, QoS was determined. Could you help me, please, with the following:
-where can I set the time of process of calls due to QoS
Now morning calls are with NA status until 4 pm. After 4 pm or the next day QoS displays usual information.
-did I understand correctly that cucm for statistics display divides each call for 2 calllegs from the telephone to the gateway to PSTN and from that gateway to the provider. So cucm is able to monitore only the condition of the first call leg and the second one will always be NA. So the ordinary monitoring QoS determines the quality of only that part of the call that goes inside our net.

Thank you

Andrew.

Hi

Do you have 'continuous loading' checked on your CAR config near 'load cdr only'?

Each call has two independant streams, one per direction. So I I run a call from my Cisco phone to my Mitel system for example, I get origination CMRs in the record (from the Cisco phone) but nulls from the destination CMR (the Mitel) becuase the Mitel does not report them. 

A call from Cisco phone to Cisco phone shows CMR from both ends.

A call from my Cisco phones to SIP or H.323 Cisco devices shows nulls on the gateway end.

Aaron

Hi

Thank you very much for your explanation!

I checked 'continuous loading', and I have Continuous Loading 24/7.

QoS operates the same way. So, it is not very correct in case of a call not inside the system, for example, from gateway to PSTN, isn't it? A call inside our system can have a quality Good. And the second stream of our gateway to provider can have quality Fair or Poor. But as a provider doesn't give us appropriate information, we can see statistics Good-NA in a call report. It means that we can't rely this report for external calls. Are there any additional programmes that show QoS for both streams? Or I should ask the provider for this information? Is it possible?

Andrew.

A SIP SP might be able to provide you something, but they usually don't.

If it's a traditional carrier you are probably out of luck.

You could look at using IOS IP SLA to measure accross your network, or some other traffic analysis tools can report on call quality... 

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to make sure that I understood you correctly.
In most cases CAR CUCM can show the information inside our network only, from cisco phone to cisco phone or from a phone to a gateway.  Am I right? When there is a call to PSTN from my Cisco phone through the gateway and CAR CUCM shows QoS as for example "POOR NA". So the problem is inside my network, isn't it?

Hi Roger,

This is prashant. I am also facing same issue which i not alble to generate Qos for CDR details.

After change setting that u mentioned above are you able to fetch report with origin Qos & Dest Qos.

Thank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: