Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-Secure SIP Trunk

abdulkarim041
Level 2
Level 2

hi,

I am facing the following error while configuring the secure SIP trunk security profile for the SIP trunk in CUCM

Unified Communications Manager cluster is not licensed for Export Control functionality hence Device Security Mode Cannot be set as Encrypted/Authenticated.

How to get rid of it?

BR

AbdulKarim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It actually sounds like you do have the restricted version, BUT, you do not have the export controlled functionality license which is required for encryption.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1SU1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251su1/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251su1_restructured_chapter_011.html#task_B9397D4ABF18BBFF83725C719F9F5793

On 11.5 the license key would need to be added to PLM before you can enable anything that requires encryption. Can't recall exactly on which 11.5 release this was introduced, maybe around SU5 I think.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

LIC-UC-ENC

UC Encryption License

See the Product Migration Options section below for detailed information on replacing this product.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mbrackett2994
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abdul,

What country are you located in? It sounds like due the the region you are in certain encryption is not allowed to be exported out of the United States so certain encryption is not supported

There is  Unrestricted and Restricted version.To have security features you need to have restricted version.

if you are running unrestricted version its not possible to migrate to restricted. you need to do a fresh install and import data.

• RESTRICTED CUCM is the "full" CUCM with media and signaling encryption ENABLED. This does not mean the feature is ‘ON’ all the time, simply that it is available for the customer to use.

• UNRESTRICTED CUCM versions have all media and signaling encryption features DISABLED to comply with US export laws. This means that they cannot use CUCM encryption.

• Unrestricted CUCM installers always have UNRST in the filename.

• Restricted CUCM installers do not have any specific reference in

the filename. These are the same as previous versions of CUCM.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It actually sounds like you do have the restricted version, BUT, you do not have the export controlled functionality license which is required for encryption.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1SU1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251su1/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251su1_restructured_chapter_011.html#task_B9397D4ABF18BBFF83725C719F9F5793

On 11.5 the license key would need to be added to PLM before you can enable anything that requires encryption. Can't recall exactly on which 11.5 release this was introduced, maybe around SU5 I think.

HTH

java

11.5.1SU3 requires the Encryption License in order to enable mixed-mode and PLM does not support the Encryption License until 11.5.1SU2.

its a 0$ part number. 

Response Signature

Dear Nithin,

Thank you so much.

My CUCM version is Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_12.5.1.10000-22.sgn.

Could you please help me to solve the problem.

BR

Could you please share the part number please.

LIC-UC-ENC

UC Encryption License

See the Product Migration Options section below for detailed information on replacing this product.

Response Signature

Dear Jamie,

Thank you so much.

My CUCM version is Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_12.5.1.10000-22.sgn.

Could you please help me to solve the problem.

BR

Already did, what you need is in the link I provided, did you look at it??? 

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: