cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Trunk Disabled until Reset

mcgeehonjp
Level 1
Level 1

I have built a SIP trunk between a CUCM and a Cube router. I have enabled SIP options ping on the CUCM and on the Cube to keep the trunk up as CUCM was disabling it by default otherwise.

The problem I am experiencing is when the network connection between the two drops for a period of time, CUCM will disable the SIP trunk after not responding to the SIP OPTIONS after 10 attempts. When the network connection is restored, CUCM never resets or releases the SIP trunk even though the connection to the Cube is back online. Unfortunately, the SIP profile on CUCM only allows SIP OPTIONS to continue for a maximum period before stopping. I need this to continue indefinitely.

Is there a way to get the CUCM to continue OPTIONS or to bring a disabled trunk back into service automatically instead of requiring a manual reset of the trunk? This has happened at least once a week at my site and I always have to manually reset the SIP trunk to bring it back into service.

I am running CUCM 10.5.2 to a Cube ISR running IOS 15.x 

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Reply 1

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I believe this is working as designed. CUCM will mark the end point in this case your SIP trunk once it takes it out of service. You will have to reset it manually. A couple of options -

1. Fix the underlying network/WAN issue causing this issue in the first place.
2. Do not use OPTIONS on CUCM. You can configure CUBE for to monitor destination with OPTIONS as well. See if that serves your purpose.
3. Reset it manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: