cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SMARTNET MODEL

askalot
Level 1
Level 1

Our network runs cucm 11.5 on 2 BE7000 UCS boxes. The following services/vms are shared among the two BE7Ks:

UCS 1

1. The ESXi Hypervisor
  2. CUCM Publisher VM
  3. CUCM Subscriber 1 VM
  4. PLM VM
  5. Freenas SFTP Backup server 1 VM

UCS 2

1. The ESXi Hypervisor
  2. CUCM Subscriber 2 VM
  3. CUCM TFTP/MOH VM
  4. PCD VM
  5. Freenas SFTP Backup server 2 VM

Do I simply buy a smartnet contract for the 2 USC blades to get support for all these services plus the BE Hardware? OR do I have to account for the serial numbers of each of the VMs deployed in addition to the UCS hardware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Smartnet cover hardware, you will be able  to replace the hardware if  faulty and download firmware for your ucs. 

software subscription (SWSS) cover the software including VMware(if VMware was a part of the order).With  valid SWSS you can  upgrade VMware and UC application.

When you upgrade to major version  for example 10 to 11 or 12, version 10 license will not work  on 11 or 12. So with SWSS you can request upgrade licenses through MCE portal. 

Freenas will not be a part of it.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Smartnet cover hardware, you will be able  to replace the hardware if  faulty and download firmware for your ucs. 

software subscription (SWSS) cover the software including VMware(if VMware was a part of the order).With  valid SWSS you can  upgrade VMware and UC application.

When you upgrade to major version  for example 10 to 11 or 12, version 10 license will not work  on 11 or 12. So with SWSS you can request upgrade licenses through MCE portal. 

Freenas will not be a part of it.

Response Signature

askalot
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Nithin,

Thank you very much for the clarification. Your answer has cleared out most of the fog.

So, as I understand it, to get full cover, I need both the Smartnet (for the hardware) and the sofware subscription (for the applications).

Could you kindly advise on the part numbers for these two?

To get full coverage you need Smartnet and SWSS. The license model has changed from perpetual to FLEX(Subscription). last date to attach a new contact is January 23, 2022. You can consider migrating  to  Flex license model. Even if you are not migrating within two years perpetual licensing  will reach EOL. 

If you are a Cisco partner, with old contractor or SO or Serial you can generate the quote from CCWR . if not a partner  Its recommended to contact local Cisco Partner who supplied it  or  Local Cisco Service AM. They  will provide you the BOQ with all part numbers if any part number has reached EOL they need to consider the new. Renewal is a different process. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: