Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Subscriber Addition Questions

Hi All,

First - I hope all that read this post are staying safe and isolated from the craziness that is going on.

I'm going to be adding another subscriber to a current 4 node CUCM cluster - this subscriber will be used in a colo location strickly for MRA phones but will act as a backup to two location in the event of a failure.

The node is being stood up and build as I type this now.

My question is in regards to once its stood up - Is there a streamlined method of adding the device loads, certs, etc.. from the exisiting nodes onto the new node? Is this even needed or will the cluster sync all this type of stuff?

Look forward to hearing from you.

CUCM - 11.5.1.15900-18

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Remember phones will reset due to adding a new node to the cluster.

No, TFTP files, COP files, MOH, background, etc. will not sync, you need to do that manually.

Certificates will be exchanged as it will use a self-signed certificate and receive the certificates from other servers in the cluster, if you're using a multi-san certificate and want to include the new server, you'll have to re-do the process.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank You @Jaime Valencia .

Is there a way to bulk the cop files, background images, etc... in one shot without doing it one by one?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download all of the files from one node and then you can use automated tool to push it all at ones to the new CUCM, here is a tool I created to the bulk upload. There is an .exe and source code for it.

https://github.com/cderen/CUCMFirmwareUpload.git

Thanks You @Chris Deren 

Is there a quick and dirty way to use the .exe to complete this?

Directions are on github, you would place all files you would like to push to CUCM TFTP into the /Files folder and execute the tool with following arguments: "hostname" "username" "password" "CUCM version i.e. 12.5"

example: CUCMFirmwareUpload.exe 10.1.1.1 admin cisco 12.0

For firmware push you need to download the zip file for specific firmware from Cisco, and then unpack the content to the above folder. If you need files to go to specific TFTP folder such as background images then make sure the files are in the proper subfolder under the Files folder such as Files/Desktops/320x212x16

Thanks @Chris Deren 

Is it possible to do a file get tftp from the publisher to a specific folder - then use your tool to upload that complete folder to the new subscriber?  I believe the file get tftp will give firmware, ringtones, etc...