cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Time not Syncing with Secondary CUCM

Cathy Adams
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Primary and Secondary CUCM's.  The Primary CUCM gets its time from my Domain Controller and the time is correct on it.  The time on my Secondary CUCM is set to get its time from the Primary CUCM.  But when checking the System parameters,  the secondary CUCM is off by about a little over 2 minutes.  apparently that is where my Cisco phones get their time is from the secondary CUCM.

How do I get my Primary and Secondary in sync regarding time?  I believe that is also affecting the delay in the Voice Mail message light on the phone.

Thanks

Cathy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cathy,

Looks like issues with both server, i would suggest to switch to a linux based NTP see below.

Below is the link for SRND which clearly states Windows NTP is not supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/netstruc.html

Link Summery:

Cisco recommends synchronizing Unified CM with a Cisco IOS or Linux-based NTP server. Using Windows Time Services as an NTP server is not recommended or supported because Windows Time Services often use Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP), and Linux-based Unified CM cannot successfully synchronize with SNTP.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cathy,

can you attach "utils diagnose test" from both PUB and SUB to forum on .txt file.

JB

Hi JB:

I am still a little new to some of the functions.  Where would I run the "utils diagnose test" from?

Cathy

SSH to PUB and SUB and then run the command

JB

Okay.  I am on the primary, ran the util diagnose test.  How to I get the diag1.log so I can attach?

Thanks

Cathy

JB:

I figured it out. It has been a long time since I did any command line in my servers via SSH. I SFTP'd it to a server and copied it to my workstation.  I have the primary and secondary files attached.

Thanks much

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Looks like issues with both server, i would suggest to switch to a linux based NTP see below.

Below is the link for SRND which clearly states Windows NTP is not supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/netstruc.html

Link Summery:

Cisco recommends synchronizing Unified CM with a Cisco IOS or Linux-based NTP server. Using Windows Time Services as an NTP server is not recommended or supported because Windows Time Services often use Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP), and Linux-based Unified CM cannot successfully synchronize with SNTP.

(Rate if it helps)

JB