Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to CUCM integration via E1 line

isaaco001
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Community,

I have a CUCM on side A with a ISR voice gateway and a CUCM on side B with an ISR gateway both have E1 cards. The flow is as below

(site A) CUCM-->VGW<-------->ethernet------->VGW<--CUCM (site B)

Is it possible for the PABX to communicate via physical ethernet connection termination on both ends of the E1 cards on the VGWs?

I normally deal with E1 setup for ISPs but not a direction connection like this. 

Kindly advise if this is possible. Any reference to E1 configurations for this kind of setup with be most useful.

Thanks guys!

Regards,

Isaac.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Site A and Site B has direct E1 connectivity ?  I mean site A VG and Site B VG E1 cards are directly connected ?

Is it possible for the PABX to communicate via physical ethernet connection termination on both ends of the E1 cards on the VGWs? Cable terminated on E1 is not an ethernet connection. if it comes from PRI  Modem you might have a balloon  connector  in between or  a BNC to RJ45 converter. If comes from Fiber ONT, you will be using E cross cable with pair 12 45 cross.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The best option will be making a sip trunk between CUCM A and B if both site has reachability.

Response Signature

Nithin,

Thanks for the prompt response!

In this case I have the sip option but because of firewall related issues I have had trouble making the PABXs communicate through the firewall.

The other option was to look at the E1 option, Kindly advise!

Regards,

Isaac

Site A and Site B has direct E1 connectivity ?  I mean site A VG and Site B VG E1 cards are directly connected ?

Is it possible for the PABX to communicate via physical ethernet connection termination on both ends of the E1 cards on the VGWs? Cable terminated on E1 is not an ethernet connection. if it comes from PRI  Modem you might have a balloon  connector  in between or  a BNC to RJ45 converter. If comes from Fiber ONT, you will be using E cross cable with pair 12 45 cross.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: